1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Akoni-Oasasa-Awasaki

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Seems like a lot of us like him and he makes a lot of sense being a big CB/S w/ speed who can step in and help on ST as a rookie.
  2. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    this guy isnt even on google, post some more information please
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    My bad, I havent spelled his name right once. Akwasi-Owusu-Ansah, hes from IUP. Solid in run support, perfect H-W-S. Obviously raw on D but would be useful as a retutner on gameday
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,712 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1675324

5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like him, because he offers you an option A and an option B-- option A is to play him as a press corner (he's physical enough, and has the recovery speed), while option B is to turn him into a free safety with unusual range...

And as has been noted, he offers you some value on special teams while you're trying to figure out which is his best position...

According to BTB, the Boys have shown some interest in Virginia's Chris Cook, who's a similar player-- he's 6-2, 210 pounds (slightly bigger than Owusu-Ansah), and runs the 40 in around 4.5 seconds (maybe .05 slower than Owusu-Ansah)... again, Chris could be tried first as a press corner, and if he lacked the quickness to handle that, could be moved to FS... on the intangibles front, Cook was a team captain, and a mentor for the younger players on the team...

Both of them should be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round range, and I'd be comfortable with either one...
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,712 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    Virginia played a lot of cover two, so Cook may need a while to get used to press coverage, but he looks the part. He's got good ball skills (better than Dowling, IMHO) and is a great tackler.

While we're talking UVA guys...

A guy to watch is Nate Collins. He's only 6-2 and 290, but his motor never stops. He had 77 tackles, 10 TFL and 6 sacks this past season. And that's in a 3-4.
  7. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    It looks like he's an intriguing player, but it might be too hard to get his name on the back of a jersey. It will also take two years for Joe Buck to learn to pronounce his name.;)

In all seriousness, he's got a good endorsement from more than one source, so it will be intriguing to see him at the combine.

BTW, VA, thanks for putting this out there. I appreciate solid info.