1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Al Pacino "Inches" speech from Any Given Sunday

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Jul 2, 2006.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks.
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    i actually have that on my iPod, I LOVE that speech.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

433 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    My favorite part of that movie is when Lawrence Taylor talks the trainer into shooting up his knee "Give me some of that Cortizone stuff", I don't know its the way he says it and his face, its hilarious.
  5. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,658 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    One thing I'll never forget about that Pats Super Bowl play thats in the video...Is how bad Archeleta did at taking the proper angle and bringing the receiver down therefore whiffing the tackle and allowing Brown to run an extra 5 yards and get out of bounds. Had he made the tackle the ball would be at the St Louis 45 with 21 seconds left and the clock running. Boy I'm sure glad we didnt spend 30 million on him. BTW the play Im talking about is at 1:16 in the vid.
  6. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A shining piece of an otherwise unremarkable movie.
  7. ghst187

5,603 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    that's pretty accurate
  8. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOVE that speech!!

You may or may not remember but when the Press was out about that movie, Pacino stated that Parcells is one of teh coached he met with to understand motivation of the players and how to handle himself one on one with them in the movie.

Good stuff!
  9. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Pacino is the freakin man.. He is my all-time favorite actor.. And for those who didnt know, thats him in The Godfather in my avatar.. that's a great speech.. Pacino gives a speech like nobody else can..
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His portrayel of Tony Montana in "Scarface" alone is enough to get him into the top 5 actors ever IMO. Never, and I mean never, has any fictional movie character seemed as real as he did in that movie.

On a VH1 special about that movie a few years back, Pacino said he got so into the final scene in which he is screaming and then shot and killed that his blood pressure shot through the roof for a few days
  11. KD

KD Active Member

2,091 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  12. EMMITTnROY

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Ive actually read a few stories where coaches of real teams (football, soccer, cant remember what else) have played this video to their teams to get them fired up.. and some team won a championship and gave some of the credit to this speech cause their coach played it at half time..
  13. KD

KD Active Member

2,091 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    No ****? Interesting.....
  14. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a great speech! I'd like to find the one from "Scent of a Woman" where he stands up for the kid during his "trial". Another AWESOME speech by Pacino.

I agree with someone else here who said that no one gives a speech like Pacino although Morgan Freeman comes close, particularly in "The Shawshank Redemption".

BTW, does anyone know where I can download this speech?
  15. ghst187

5,603 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I have the "inches" speech MP3 if anyone would like it PM me.
  16. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    All time favorite actor...
  17. yesfan

yesfan Active Member

1,321 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Ever since i saw the Godfather he's been mine as well.I still
    think that role is the best acting i've ever seen.
  18. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I've seen him on Broadway twice. Beyond great.

And yep, the Godfather role is legendary.
  19. EMMITTnROY

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    man, i love my cowboyszone family even more now.. i had no idea you guys had so much love for Pacino as well.. very nice.. good taste, men.. i agree about The Godfather role-- best acting ive ever seen.. and Thumper, yes, actually that Scent of a Woman speech is my personal favorite all-time movie speech..
  20. Swanny

Swanny New Member

70 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When i was in high school my footbal listened to that speech before every game