1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Al-Zawahiri's Death, unconfirmed

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fingers crossed Boys, we may have gotten this SOB

Stratfor today reports that Al Qaeda No. 2 man Ayman al-Zawahiri is rumored to have been killed in a July 28 U.S. airstrike in Pakistan. According to the report "the United States is attempting to verify reports that a July 28 airstrike" has killed Al Qaeda's number two man Zawahiri.

The Jawa Reports reads:

"Intelligence sources told The Jawa Report last week that 'the hunt was on' in Pakistan for a 'big fish'. Could this be the big fish they were talking about?

"The major -- and I mean major -- caveat here is that Zawahiri has been rumored to have been killed on a number of previous occasions."

Wikipedia On Ayman al-Zawahiri

Dr. Ayman Muhammad Rabaie al-Zawahiri or (closer to the original Arabic pronunciation) al-Dhawahri (born June 19, 1951), is a prominent leader of al-Qaeda, and was the second and last "emir" of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, having succeeded 'Abbud al-Zummar in the latter role when Egyptian authorities sentenced al-Zummar to life imprisonment. Al-Zawahiri is a qualified surgeon, and is an author of works including numerous al-Qaeda statements. He speaks Arabic and English. Al-Zawahiri is under worldwide embargo by the UN 1267 Committee as a member or affiliate of al-Qaeda.

In 1998 al-Zawahiri formally merged Egyptian Islamic Jihad into al-Qaeda. According to reports by a former al-Qaeda member, he has worked in the al-Qaeda organization since its inception and was a senior member of the group's shura council. He is often described as a "lieutenant" to Osama bin Laden. As of June 2008, he is still at large.

Let's waith and see if al-Zawahiri's death rumors are confirmed.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I hope they can confirm he is dead and is now worm bait
  3. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,044 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    This would be a plum for the US. Zawahiri is the brains of Al Qaeda. Bin Laden is the frontman, but Zawahiri is more dangerous, imo.

Fingers crossed here as well....
  4. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

This POS always gave me the creeps. His aura just radiates evil. Hope they pulverized his rear end and blasted his any remaining molecules into the Starfor-sphere. Sorry...
  5. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where there's one, the other can't be to far away, Oh Bin, won't you come out to play. we have a surprise for you.:D
  6. Brandon

Brandon Benched

928 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know why everyone hates Bin Laden. Our goverment trained him, his family was meeting with goverment officials the day of 9/11, then our goverment faked his 9/11 confession tapes, what a brainwashed society we have become.

Although I agree with the original post, Al-Queda are scum. But so is our goverment, and every goverment out there really.
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ahhh, now there's a target rich opportunity. What's the bounty on his head?
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :omg:

People like you made Joseph McCarthy possible.
  10. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,097 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    :lmao: :lmao2:

Wait a minute...:lmao2: :lmao:

:lmao2: :lmao:

I hope I am missing the sarcasm...:lmao: :lmao2:

Either way. :lmao2: :lmao:
  11. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Went to the Stratfor pg, not a mention of this anywhere. Got a link to the story or is this premium access only?
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Ouch.

I didn't find any news sources for this rumor at all. I haven't seen it reported anywhere and I would think this would be huge news.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    the jawa report? those little star wars suckers doing news now?
  14. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's been around a spell...

[IMG]
  15. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    No No No that is...

[IMG]
  16. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have to be a member of Stratfor, Rush Limbaugh picked up on it
    Story #3: Zawahiri May Have Assumed Room Temperature

RUSH: From Stratfor. Now, Stratfor, if you subscribe to Stratfor, George Friedman and his wife Meredith run this outfit, it's almost like subscribing to a CIA daily brief. A dispatch today from Stratfor: "The United States is attempting to verify reports that a July 28th air strike in northwestern Pakistan resulted in the death of Al-Qaeda deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahiri. This is according to US sources who have mentioned this to Stratfor today. An announcement from the US government, according to Stratfor, can be expected soon, the sources told Stratfor." So Ayman al-Zawahiri may be room temperature, ladies and gentlemen, as the result of a US air strike, northwestern Pakistan on July 28th.
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Hopefully you are as young as you sound.
  18. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TY. I've toyed with the idea of joining that site in the past. Their analysts always seem highly credible when they pop up on a cable news show.

We'll see if this turns out to be anything.
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hate has no age limits.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received

Nevermind ...... I remember you now.

:lmao2: