1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alamo Tea Party Pics

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyPrincess, Apr 17, 2009.

1. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok y'all... I've posted a few pics from the San Antonio Tea Party at the Alamo. Most my pics are stuck on my Touch phone still so this is all I can do for the time being.

I think you can tell by some of these pics that this wasn't as reported as a "White Power Right Wing Extremist" gathering. There were straight, gay, white, hispanic, black, asian, indian, christian, muslim, disabled vets, returning military, young children, young and mature adults, conservatives, democrats, independents, constitutionalist there.

It was a peaceful gathering with zero violence.

The only protesters of the gathering that I saw was a group of people with hand outs that were trying to make people take their fliers. and they were wearing "legalize gay rights" tee shirts. They boo'd and jeered us as we walked by. What they didn't understand and I told them is that ALL AMERICANS are protected "EQUALLY" by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and that's why we were there, to preserve what is left of those rights... Both the U.S Constitution and the Texas Constitution.

No matter your beliefs, it was a pleasant day. The official count at the Alamo is 20,000. And I totally believe it. It took me an hour to work through the crowd to the staging area.

Crowds went up to but not on grass of the Alamo

[IMG]

Nugent getting ready to play Anthem on Glen Beck Show

[IMG]

Ted Nugent and Glen Beck

[IMG]

The Alamo as the backdrop

[IMG]

The crowds spilled down the steps leading to the Riverwalk Hyatt

[IMG]

This one I took especially for Cajun.... :)

[IMG]

This is how it looked 5 hrs before the scheduled events

[IMG]

I liked what this sign said

[IMG]

This is me and my best friend Greg arriving after me driving 3 hrs to get there

[IMG]

My shirt was a big hit at the Alamo Tea Party

[IMG]

The tagged cap guy in VIP area told me he was Ron Pauls brother. Glen Beck was visiting with VIP Iraq War vets

[IMG]

This is the rooftop looking down on the rally area 3 hrs before start

[IMG]

I loved this sign too

[IMG]

This was one of my favorite signs.. Tea cups with "I'm Tea'd Off" on them

[IMG]
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,953 Messages
    2,170 Likes Received
    I'm glad you attended and glad to see the crowds in San Antonio were large.
  3. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad I did too. It was the perfect setting giving the history of the location. I know I didn't shed any blood, but I still took a stand and drew a line in the sand where it all started for Texas. I met people from Utah, New Jersey, New York, California, New Mexico, Florida, etc. They all wanted to take part at the Alamo. I met one couple that changed their vacation plans and showed up for the Alamo Tea Party, rather than take their trip to Disney. The lady told me that they decided that being a part of history at the Alamo was a better lesson for their children then shaking hands with Mickey.

The crowds were enormous. I was really surprised cuz I felt all alone in my frustration in how things were going until I got there.
  4. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It was a good time.
  5. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah... I wish I woulda got your message before the event. It would have been fun to meet you there in person.

They have another one scheduled for July 4th. I'm gonna be there. My best friend has a lake house in the area and I'll be there that week, so we are going to that rally as well. If you go, let me know and we'll meet there this time
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    You should have tried to get some pictures with the minorities, some sources are reporting how these things were mostly white american's like you said.
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Leave it to TheCount to be concerned about the color of a persons skin. It's time to move beyond skin color. You need to let those old prejudices go.

The real minority has become the tax payer. There are less and less of us every year compared to those who do not pay their patriotic share, or anything at all for that matter.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Oh boy, here we go. Yeah, leave it to me, I'm the resident racist. You just go ahead loving the world, let me handle the dirty work.
  9. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well... There is a pic of minorities... I'm of American Indian dissent and my best guy friend in the pic is Hispanic. And my roommate that took that pic is Hispanic as well.

There was a group of black Americans sitting and drinking beer down at a Riverwalk bar and they were closely watching the event on a big screen tv that was set up outside. You weren't allowed to have alcoholic beverages at the rally because it was located on Alamo grounds, so there were hundreds of people down at the bars watching it on their beer breaks.

Artie may be able to back me up on this, but I saw hundreds of Hispanics, blacks, Indians and Asians there
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm brown...Just so you know.
    And I was there with my mexican democrat friend...he's kinda brown too.
    There was a colombian speaker.She came to the USA and hates to see the same thing I see.As immigrants we hate to see this great country become a 3rd world nation like the ones we left behind.

I hope that answers your question.
  11. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And why do you have to ask about color anyways?
    What point are you trying to make?
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I am not saying your racist in any way. I just found it odd your very first thought would be "Where are pics of the minorities?". It's just odd you would choose to focus on that. It is a very old worn out playbook you are using. That is all. According to the first hand accounts of people who were there, traditional minorities were well represented. I hope you feel better now.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    It wasn't my first thought, actually. You wanna argue with me about it, take it to PM's, I was responding directly to a comment she made in the original post. You make it sound like I brought it up out of nowhere.
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I am not arguing about anything. Just being observant. Relax big guy. No harm, no foul.
  15. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well Count.. Seriously. Why would you ask that of me? My mention of it was to dispel the media. I was at the Alamo in San Antonio. Do you know the demographics for that area? It's in TEXAS. White Americans and Native Americans are becoming the minority here. And southern Texas is a majority of Hispanics and other minorities.

And there may have been more minority people and democrats there if they weren't watching CNN or MSNBC. Neither mentioned the Tea Party until it was in full swing and only did in passing. Their viewers had NO NOTICE of the events. FoxNews talked about it for weeks. Their viewers were informed and were told in plenty of time to plan the time off and get there.

And quite honestly.... When I was there, I was there as an AMERICAN. I never thought about race until I got told about the Washington Post report.

And a little history lesson about the ALAMO.... Black and Hispanic Texians died their too in defense of that hallowed ground. The Alamo has never been a place of racism and never will be. It was a place for taking a stand for rights for Independence. It was the beginning, the birthplace for ALL Texans.... White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc
  16. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Sorry to take anything away from the thread with my questions to count.

You pics are great! We had several tea parties here in KC and the numbers ranged from 1000 at the small ones to almost 10,000 at a local community college.
  17. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    I asked you because you made mention to it directly, for all I know you did take pictures there with minorities, you just didn't upload them, but since you were there and some of the media is saying different, I thought you might have liked to show them as well.

You dedicated a paragraph in the original post to say people from all walks of life and political beliefs were there and got along just fine, so I'm not sure why you'd say this now.

I'm not saying you were thinking about race, I'm saying I wish you had captured more of them to counter the few stories that you said addressed the gathering as a "white power rally" (your words, not mine), which is decidedly unamerican.

I lived in Austin for 8 years btw, I know about the Alamo, thanks.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,507 Messages
    3,779 Likes Received
    More pictures of hot women please...I only saw one and they were wearing some rainbow bright texas shirt or something.:)
  19. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You didn't.

To the others....

I just thought that y'all would appreciate pictures from someone that was actually there taking a stand for ALL of us. This is a political forum and I wanted to contribute something more than just words on the internet. I thought I was representing all. But from some of the remarks made in another thread, including one by a mod... I wasn't doing anyone a favor.

Y'all wanna keep your eyes closed to what the bi partisan government is doing to our freedoms, go ahead. I wasn't there to mock Obama or the democrats.. The back of my shirt said 'GOVERNMENT GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF MY POCKETS, THAT HARASSMENT" It made NO party focus'd.. it was intended for ALL of them. I'M ANGRY AT ALL OF THEM.. DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN

It's easy to sit at a computer and blast something based on the media reports. I was there. I can speak from experience. I can tell you what TRULY happened there. If y'all would rather believe CNN than someone that was there.... to each his own
  20. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,003 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Were black power rallies un-american ? Are native american indians power rallies un-american ? Are feminist women power rallies un-american ?

Are all of these un-american in your eyes ?