1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alaska Poll: Should Home Marijuan Use be criminalized

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Dallas, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Respondents against home marijuana criminalization

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- In a poll conducted Friday, March 21, Channel 2 News asked viewers whether they thought marijuana use at home should be criminalized.

Nearly three-quarters of the over 1,300 respondents think it should not be criminalized.

Here is the official question and results:

Do you think Alaska should criminalize at-home marijuana use?
    Yes 25%

No 73%

Undecided 2%

All polls conducted by KTUU.com and Channel 2 News are unscientific.

It appears Alaska loves its Marijuana use. :laugh2:

What do you folks think of this as a whole. Legalize it or not? Discuss?
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think it's a bit hypocritical to make weed illegal, while getting drunk is as easy as pie.

I don't get high, but I don't think it's any worse than a night out with a bottle of Bombay (which I happen to be drifting on at the moment :) ). For the most part stoners normally don't feel like fighting while drunks are usually ***-holes and they can't drive for *****.

It shouldn't be criminalized in any case.
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,383 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    While I'm not a proponent of the stuff, if I had kids and had to choose between them legally drinking and breaking the law by smoking weed, I'd prefer they break the law.
  4. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,730 Messages
    108 Likes Received
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think any law that makes a whole class of otherwise law-abiding citizens criminals is a bad law... weed should be treated like booze, if you drive under the influence, or if you start trouble in public in any way, then it should get you arrested... but if you use it within the privacy of your own home, if you're not hurting anybody else with the usage, that should not be illegal...

I still wouldn't be able to afford it, though... LOL...

I'm proud of the state of my birth, that they have such an enlightened approach to this issue... if I could handle the cold, I'd move up there... :D