1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Alaska's Biggest Paper Endorses... Obama

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,703 Messages
    3,069 Likes Received
  2. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,413 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Personally, I think everyone sees the writting on the wall, and since they know jobs are gunna be very hard to find, they are jumping ship and backing a perceived winner so they all get cush appointments in Obamas administration. This is for the Powells and other repubs jumping ships. As for the newspapers, they are probably backing him so they dont lose any funding they may be getting, or are likely to get in the t future. This aint about politics, its about survival.
  3. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe you might be voting for one, but you'll never get the truth from the left wing media, just give us the truth

Confirmed: MSM Holds Video Of Barack Obama Attending Jew-Bash & Toasting a Former PLO Operative... Refuse to Release the Video!

Introduction: The LA Times is holding a video that shows Barack Obama celebrating with a group of Palestinians who are openly hostile towards Israel. Barack Obama even gives a toast to a former PLO operative at this celebration. If the American public saw this side of Barack Obama he would never be elected president.
    But, the media refuses to release this video.

LA Times writer Peter Wallsten wrote about Barack Obama's close association with former Palestinian operative Rashid Khalidi back in April.
    Wallsten discussed a dinner held back in 2003 in honor of Khalidi, a critic of Israel and advocate for Palestinian rights.
    Barack Obama has denied his close association with Khalidi, too.

According to Wallsten the evening not surprisingly turned into a classic Jew-bash:

"During the dinner a young Palestinian American recited a poem accusing the Israeli government of terrorism in its treatment of Palestinians and sharply criticizing U.S. support of Israel. If Palestinians cannot secure their own land, she said, "then you will never see a day of peace."

One speaker likened "Zionist settlers on the West Bank" to Osama bin Laden, saying both had been "blinded by ideology."
    Barack Obama also praised the former PLO operative during the event.
    And, Obama confessed that his family often shared dinner with the Khalidis:

His many talks with the Khalidis, Obama said, had been "consistent reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases... It's for that reason that I'm hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation -- a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid's dinner table," but around "this entire world."

...The event was videotaped, and a copy of the tape was obtained by The Times.
  4. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Ummm... it's a newspaper. You could probably find newspapers in the Reddest of Red States that are endorsing Obama. Wild guess here, but I'm gonna say what 80% of newspapers are endorsing him?
  5. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    people still read newspaper? I thought the interwebz would put them out of business by now....
  6. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

4,423 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Eh, I don't see this as any more newsworthy than any other small city newspaper. It doesn't seem they endorsed her in 2006 either... so this is hardly surprising.

It's just a bad year to be a Republican up for office right now. But I am sure those up for re-election in 2010 are breathing a sigh of relief.
    Heh... it seems with every major paper layoff, we are more and more approaching that eventuality :D
  7. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NY Times hasn't endorsed a Rep since Ike. Maybe it's that kind of paper.
  8. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

4,423 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I like Ike :D
    [youtube]va5Btg4kkUE[/youtube]