1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

All-Time Underrated Dallas Cowboys team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmohican29, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,453 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    I honestly don't think he will, unless he has some success in big games.
  2. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Incredible game I was 11 and was awestruck. It was a MNF game and a thriller- that game-combined with the NFC Title loss to the Niners made me a Cowboys fan for life
  3. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    I don't know man- he will have over 35000 passing yards minimum when its all said and done and hold every Cowboys passing record by leaps and bounds. It's unfortunate he might not have a ring, but no denying his thrilling career as a Cowboy
    Section444 likes this.
  4. Section444

4,453 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Absolutely, the guy has been amazing from a statistical stand point, and would probably be the best QB in the history of at least 20 other franchises. But being a Cowboy, the ring is the only thing that matters at the end of the day. I'm not sure that he even has to get to that point, just win some big games when the lights are shining, he doesn't really have that HoF/RoH type moment in his career yet.
    mrmojo likes this.
  5. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    it's incredibly sad to say- but you could argue his chance for that was three weeks ago vs Denver
  6. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,390 Messages
    3,582 Likes Received
    Great discussion topic btw! Perfect for midweek waiting! How bout some love for the late Ron Springs
  7. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Dang... how could I forget him? absolutely belongs
  8. Hostile

Hostile Driver of the Cowboys Bandwagon Zone Supporter

119,169 Messages
    3,295 Likes Received
    Herb Scott and Cornell Green are the most under rated Cowboys of all time.
    mmohican29 likes this.
  9. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    What year was the MNF game vs the Raiders that Danny White caught a TD pass? The Cowboys lost that game, but that's another game that sticks out to me as an all time classic
  10. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,924 Messages
    1,468 Likes Received
    One of the most under appreciated cowboys of all time ... Dandy don Meredith
    mahoneybill likes this.
  11. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,957 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    I like everyone on the list except Glover. Wasn't that guy the star of the defense during his Cowboy days, and in the Pro Bowl every year? I think he got his due.
  12. Section444

4,453 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Yeah, and that's what sucks. To this point in his career, all most people remember him for is the bad (Seattle, Washington, blown playoff games, etc...). While we recognize that it's not totally his fault, the media and opposing fans are always going to point to him and laugh. I really think that the proverbial "window" is closing, and this year might be his best opportunity to change a lot of people's minds. The guy has everything he needs to be successful: good OL, great WR corps, QB-friendly system, average-good defense backing him up, and a very weak division, and I'd even argue conference.
  13. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    not sure if I ever saw Cornell Green play... I remember Herb, Donovan and some of that OLine however
  14. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    some other names Dextor Clinkscale, Golden Richards, Doug Donley
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,034 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Romo and Spencer ought to be on some kind of underrated list. I don't really agree with TO, he was pretty dominant in Dallas and it definitely didn't go unnoticed.
  16. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,813 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I guess it depends on how you define "underrated". Underrated by Cowboys' fans or football fans in general.
  17. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    I have to agree with every one of your points. Romo hasn't been unclutch but man his failures are with the world watching. Talk about a fishbowl effect, and you have to wonder if he doesn't know it and let it affect his play. I never thought I'd say this but I think he gets tight now, I do.
    Section444 likes this.
  18. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,456 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    Still remember Roger hitting him for winning TD vs Washington giving Dallas the division.
  19. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    I like your changes. And this is what is great about being a Cowboys fan... what other teams have had names like these that are forgotten about? You could field a Super Bowl championship team with the names on our 4th string all time team
    mahoneybill likes this.
  20. mmohican29

2,484 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    can I add Darren Woodson to these two? Or is he too high profile and too close to HOF status?