1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

And the target in Round 2 is......SDogo or Hos help

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Apr 27, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I am guessing Jerry is targeting a handful of players in round 2, and wants to see who keeps dropping, and what kind of deal he gets. Players could be:

Peter Konz
    Cordy Glenn
    Amini Silatolu
    Devon Still
    Derek Wolfe
    Andre Branch
    Courtney Upshaw
    Coby Fleener

Wonder if their is a particular player they "REALLY" want. What you think? I doubt they will get into top of 2nd. Call for too much
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with a lot of the names on your list...

Peter Konz C
    Cordy Glenn OG/OT
    Amini Silatolu OG
    Brandon Brooks OG
    Courtney Upshaw OLB
    Andre Branch OLB
    Vinny Curry OLB
    Coby Fleener TE

There's 8 players that I like who project as 2nd rounders... 4 offensive linemen, 3 outside 'backers and a tight end...
  3. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    Since Glenn seemed to be a consideration at 14, I would think he would be the one player that Jerry would sell the farm to move up.
  4. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If they could someone land one of the top two on your list I would dance nekid in the street. If got number or three or four I would still go on a three day drinking bender celebrating this draft even if that was tthe only two we drafted. If we got Koonz or Glenn and Claiborne somehow that would go down as one of our best drafts in years.
  5. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I would love to get into the 2nd round because we need lots of help, but It is very unlikely we trade back in, IMO. We have no players on our roster that are tradeable due to injury concerns, such as Jenkins and Jones, and contracts, such as Spencer.

We will have to give up high 2013 picks to get into the 2nd round, IMO>
  6. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I would trade next years first and third for Glenn. I would then sit and wait for the third round and get Ben Jones, bryoles, or Blake and call it a great draft. With our fourth im taking thw olb out of troy.
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,977 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Seriously? that's crazy talk....there is no one remaining in this draft that is worth trading our #1 for next year...
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

jerry is that you?
    put down whatever you are drinking and move away from the table
  9. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    How can you say that? We were thinking of taking Glenn/Decastro at 14. If Glenn Falls to the 2nd round we should nab him. Next year first is going to be probably in the mid 20's anyway and he would instantly improve our O-line. A first round pick next year is not as valuable as some people think when you have an immediate impact player like Glenn In the 2nd.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    and you know this how?

did you know in the last off season that we would end up with the 14th pick in this draft?
  11. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,078 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    I'd give next years first for Glenn. I see it no different than taking Glenn in the first next year, except we get him a year earlier. Romo needs some protection.
  12. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Plese don't... I dont have any money to kick in for your bail, and that would make me feel like crap...

Besides, you don't dance worth a... well, you don't dance... :D

Lemme guess-- if we trade up into the second round, you want to draft an offensive lineman... :D
  13. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Andre Branch please! Yes I would give up Jenkins and our 4th round pick to get him. The Rams would be the first team I'd be calling to get it done, and they still need a corner.
  14. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    That sounds good....until next year gets here and we have no 1st and 3rd rd picksi
  15. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm hearing unless a pass rusher starts to fall they are likely to stay put although I'm told there are 3 players left with 1st round grades on their board. I have no idea if they are all pass rushers or not.
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    If they move back in, I was told it would be for Peter Konz.
  17. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Looking at the list he is about the only one I can assume still has a first round grade out of the 3. I cant even venture a guess as to the other ones. IMO Fleener is the 2nd most likely.

I can guarantee it's not Upshaw.
  18. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Is Upshaw one of those guys they took off of their board ? Or do they just not like him
  19. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,910 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    SDogo, what pass rushers are we looking at for our next pick? Wolfe, Winn, anyone else??
  20. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I dont know if they totally removed him but they have him way down there. When Garrett does not get a ringing endorsement from one of his best friends who just happens to be Upshaws coach it does not sit well. Couple that with his what is said to be less then stellar work out, fluctuating weight and character concerns and it's no surprise he's probably not even on the radar.