1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Annoying pet peeves

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CanadianCowboysFan, Oct 30, 2006.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Watching the games players can be really annoying at what they do after they make a good play:

1) pointing the sky after they make a play or thanking Jesus for letting them win;

2) QBs like Delhomme who constantly lick their fingers;

3) players who dance after they make a tackle, it would be like me pounding my chest in court after winning an application;

4) players who strum banjos after making a play; but most of all

5) the Giants (and I saw a Jaguar do it yesterday too) with their "ballin" crap.
  2. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    6) Redundancy in thread titles.

And I absolutely hate the ballers thing. It doesn't even make sense.
  3. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    7) Merriman’s stupid steriod dance.
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    8. T.O. went to the restroom reports
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    Jake is going to get sick licking his fingers so much.

Something that annoys me and probably shouldn't is when players unbuckle their chin straps after every play. Leave the thing buckled until you are on the sideline. Heck, we were told to leave our helmets on and strapped at all times. I guess I am just getting old and ornery.
  6. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    uh, yes if you're complaining about something as miniscule and unimportant as that. very much so.
  7. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    CCF, didnt you start a thread about this last year, about the pointing to the sky thing. wrent you the one who said it would be funny if somneone pointed to the ground after a td.

BTW #3 would be hillarious if you really did it one day.

And i hate the banjo thing, wasnt that dhani jones, LOL the eagles are getting their buts whooped for 200 plus rushing yards in their own house and the rb slips behind the line, dhani falls on him and gets up and does the banjo celebration. that had to be the worst situation for a celebration ever.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    TO's constant mugging in to the camera
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    You're so old and grumpy.....:fogeys:
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Hoov, I might have done so, now that I think of it I think you are right ;)

I told my secretary once I should pound my chest in court or do that shoulder flex if I win. I thought she was going to pee her pants.
  11. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What about the finger pointing Ellis does when he makes a good play. I don't mind it, but I have no idea where it came from or why he does it.
  12. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I wonder why Romo leaves one side unbuckled? I noticed that too.
  13. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This ivolves announcers and not players, but one of my big pet peeves is when they say "double reverse". If a QB hands off to a running back who then hands it off to a receiver, it is a regular reverse: there has only been one change in direction. An end around is not a reverse it's an end around.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Fans that paint their face or paint letters on their chest then get too drunk to spell correctly or figure out how many nasty words they can come up with using the letters. Also fans who dress up like Elvis, the man has been dead for a longtime now give it a rest. :laugh1:
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No that's The CBZ's :D
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with players celebrating, it's just I see guys dance around, pound their chests, flex etc when they make a tackle after the runner say gains five yards and the team is down by something like 21 points.

Landry must be rolling over in his grave.

As for a non pet-peeve, listening to Pat Summerall call a game yesterday (he did the 49er-Bear game). I didn't watch much because it was such a blowout and the Eagle/Giants games were more important to the Cowboys, but his voice is still so smooth.

When he called a Bear TD, I could almost hear him calling Irvin "wiiide open" during our glory years.
  17. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, and the D - and the white fence you see every game. Just stop. Please. It hasn't been original for decades now and its annoying.
  18. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That would be funny.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Yeah no more D with a picket fence. It needs to be replaced with the old John 3:16 cards. Man Law? :lmao:
  20. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    #31 likes to push WR's down after the ball has already fallen incomplete. Its going to result in a personal foul call one of these days that's going to keep a scoring drive alive.