1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Another Garofalo gem...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Apr 22, 2009.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    “Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, ‘Oh my God, you’re insulting me.’ That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, ‘We’re here, we’re queer!’ — that’s what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride.”
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    Stupid is as stupid does. John Adams and Benjamin Franklin were the chief architects of the movement towards independence. Neither ever owned slaves and were very much in the forefront of the anti slavery movement.
    Of all the members of the Continental Congress probably less then 20% ever owned slaves.
    But with a moron like this one....
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wish she would just get choked.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    She has made a damn good living in this country founded on a sham.
  5. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    another dumb *****.....she should shut the **** up.....
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's refreshing that they're finally saying in public what they've been saying to each other in private all these years. Let's us know where we all stand.
  7. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    Very good point, they are taking away any speculation of how they feel about this country good to know.
  8. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I find it ironic that she gets "choked up with pride" at the exercise of free speech, which is a concept the just doesn't exist in many places but we all enjoy thanks those those "rich, white, slave-owners" that founded our great Republic 200+ years ago.
  9. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is her new bit. She is nothing but a talent-less cow that hasn't gotten any attention in years until this rash of America Bashing crap she's been spewing.

She will once again fade away, never to be heard again soon enough.
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,696 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    and 70+yrs later......we still wonder how the holocaust might have happened....
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We knew she was a hater, but she also appears to be a fantasist.

Hollywood vs. Rush Limbaugh
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Janeane Garofalo - actress, liberal activist and failed radio host - went after Rush Limbaugh, the nation's top-rated talk-radio host, during a recent interview with the Village Voice. She said she almost turned down her role in the hit Fox series "24" because of "the right-wing nature of a couple of the writers." To prove her liberal credibility, she added that: "When Rush Limbaugh visited the set, and when Lynne Cheney visited the set, I refused to have my picture taken with them or meet them or anything."

Few screenwriters write such good fiction. The problem with Ms. Garofalo's script is that she wasn't on the cast when Mr. Limbaugh visited the set.

Radio Equalizer's blogger Brian Maloney emailed Mr. Limbaugh about the mystery, who stated that: "The last time I visited the set of '24,' Garofalo had not been hired to appear in the series. She was not there, she was not a member of the cast the last time I visited. ... This current season, seven, has been in the can since last summer or fall and I have been nowhere near the '24' set for any shoots for this season, which is this lunatic's [Ms. Garofalo's] first season."

The typical plot of a "24" episode climaxes as time runs out for the good guys. While the clock ticks down, star Kiefer Sutherland agonizes that, "We have to do this now. There's not enough time." Ms. Garofalo also has a time problem. Unless she owns a time machine, or was there as a guest, she couldn't have been on the set at the same time as Mr. Limbaugh. Her next role would be better cast in science fiction.
  12. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,928 Likes Received
    She has also said 9/11 was an inside job
  13. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Now THAT's ironic

:hammer:
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,805 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received

I can only imagine how she would swell up if you had a naked Republican chained to a burning float.

:laugh2:
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,996 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Nothing this disgusting trash says could surprise me.
  16. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,212 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    our forefathers were actually none of the above but over here just trying to get away from brittian.

when people get this narrowminded they're agenda driven and then just stupid to me so i ignore them. it's like in here, recognizing their stupidity only validates it.
  17. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,196 Messages
    1,543 Likes Received
    I wish this country was run like the zone...

Mods could just ban idiots
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,805 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received

Hey Pep,

How are you?
  19. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This should be titled, The benefits of the Bush Presidency and another reason to hate him.

People like Bill Maher and to a lesser extent, clowns like Olbermann and to an even lesser extent, bottom feeders like Garafolo, made quite a lucrative living by capitalizing on the American publics discontent. It afforded a popular platform/soap box from which to showcase their razor sharp wit and hand-me-down intellect.

With Bush gone, what's left? Apparently contentment doesn't sell; good news isn't a hot commodity and getting what you claimed to want doesn't heal old wounds. :cry2:

Without their favorite whipping boy, they have to content themselves with pretending they still have a reason to *****, patronize and inform you of your correct opinion.

It's easy to say ignore them, but the truth is, this negativity is infectious. After all, does anyone think Garofolo is profound enough to concoct this sort of crap all on her own? Of course not, it's a learned behavior and there are plenty more empty heads, over the legal voting age, to happily accept this sort of negative indoctrination they're being spoon fed.
  20. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    This is an excellent point - there's no Bush to bash so they have to ramp up the level of rhetoric significantly to get attention. And on the other side of the equation, Rush Limbaugh was probably the happiest guy in the country when Obama won the election. All of a sudden, his political commentary is getting significantly more coverage than it used to.