1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ansah Over O-Line

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Jan 30, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,920 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    Parnell at RT was better than any of the interior guys, IMO. Also, he has a higher upside.

Center is my biggest concern. There are options at OG in Free Agency, in the draft and maybe (Leary) on the current roster.

The options at Center are much more limited. There are rarely, if ever any quality Centers in Free Agency. There are only 3 Centers in the draft that I think have a shot to start as Rookies compared to multiple OGs.

There are 4 options at Center on the current roster, but all have issues. Costa is the only one that has ever proven to be a decent run blocker, but he can't seem to stay healthy. Cook is decent as a pass blocker but terrible as a run blocker. Bernadeau was not very good at OG. He did OK at Center, but would moving to OC really make him that much better? Kowalski might have some upside, but he was undersized as a rookie and couldn't get on the field in 2012 due to injury.
  2. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    He would be be Plan A @ #18 if hes gone than Kwane Short DT from Purdue than I go OL in 2nd and 3rd Rounds. Honestly if they can get Henry Melton in Free Agency barring hes not franchised by the Bears than I might consider OL @ #18 but if no Melton than Plan 1A Ansah and PLan 1B Short
  3. xwalker

9,920 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    My interpretation is:
    Ansah would be plan A @ #18. If he is gone, then I would take Kawaan Short from Purdue at #18. I would then go with OL in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The other option would be to sign Henry Menton in Free Agency if he is not Franchised by the Bears. If Melton is signed, then I would consider OL at #18.
  4. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    I think we could trade back 4 or 5 spots and still get Short if that's the plan.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    This is my pick. Id love Warmack but i just have a feeling Dallas will go DEF. And they need a DE.
  6. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd say there is a 5-10% chance Ansah is there at 18.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    IDK he's not going to wow anybody in his times at the combine. He's the type that just does it on the field. I know one thing Dallas is going to be able to choose between alot of players. They dont have to be picky because of the type of scheme they run. Nice change if you ask me
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll disagree with you on the players we'll be looking at in 4-3 vs 3-4.

All these D players we are talking about would be targets in 3-4 as well. Floyd, Richardson, Short, Ansah.................the list goes on and on.
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,205 Messages
    1,175 Likes Received
    What i meant is Dallas has alot more to choose from. Nobody is checked off because they dont fit the 3-4.
  10. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

853 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Am I crazy or does Ansah look like a slightly shorter Julius Peppers?
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Some of the scouts comparing him to Jason Taylor.
  12. xwalker

9,920 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    So he's a dancer also...
  13. Manster54

Manster54 Active Member

853 Messages
    50 Likes Received

His body does not look like Taylor. He looks like he will tack on another 20lbs or so. This guy was a 1 man wrecking crew against Boise State.
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,576 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    He will rise come draft time. I think he'll go top 15 at least. Maybe end up going around 11, like Ware did.