1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Antonio Bryant

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by aikemirv, Dec 9, 2005.

1. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Word out of Cleveland is that they have not offered him a new contrcat yet.

BP won't take him back IMO...

but would you?
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,251 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    I am not coaching the team, so who cares?
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Not unless he has gotten rid of the attitude which doesn't seem to be the case.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    No once a bridge is burned there is no going back. I think if Dallas wants to address WR they should do so in the draft and not waste time on an immature player like Bryant
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    No. I dont' think he is ever going to get it. He is talented and could be very good, but without the maturity, he will never reach his potential.
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Unless Antonio can help block in max protection, i don’t see how he can help this team.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

11,057 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    i would rather have terrell owens than antonio bryant.
  8. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Can I get an option C?
  9. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A coachable Antonio Bryant paired up with a healthy Patrick Crayton as our starting WR duo for the future.............very interesting.
  10. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Is there another Antonio Bryant in the league? :D
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,251 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    I agree. If we want a powderkeg, take the one with real talent and consistent results.
  12. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    1st part is the problem. After a while you have to look at a player for who he is. Bryant is still the same pain in the butt he was in Dallas so why not learn from a mistake and move on instead of paying this pain to come back. He has not learn a damn thing and frankly he is still not posting anything to brag about. He is decent WR with a poor additude.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Anyone realize that there is a reason AB isn't getting picked up for a contract?

Cleveland isn't exactly so packed with talent that they can let good players walk.
  14. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,638 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    But he is on a team that has recently spent high-round picks on WR's
    Edwards and Northcutt seem to be what Crennel and Carthon think they can get a good passing game going. I am sure they would rather have Edwards and Northcutt be able to stretch the field while Droughens(I would love to have him) pounds the ball. That is smashmouth football that we dont have. We have finesse Olineman who dont block like, Shelton, Faine, Andruzzi and so on. (I also wanted Andruzzi instead of Rivera).
  15. Hoods

Hoods Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    So...?

There's such a thing as good depth. Plus, since when does a passing game consist of just two receivers? He's not being resigned for a reason, and it isn't because Cleveland has too much talent.
  16. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,638 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    It's because the only time they use more than 2 WR's is when they fall behind. IMO they are using his cap space to build a defense. Their offense is a great cold weather offense. They need to add the defensive pieces so Crennel (I wish he didnt take Carthon) a BP disciple can mold the Browns defense similar to ours or the Pats. I still think he will latch on with a team like NO or Oakland next year if they dont resign him.
  17. hardcorebob

hardcorebob Through thick and thin

686 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hell no! Goodbye and good riddance to bad rubbish! Let's develop young talent that will work with the coaching staff and quit trying to mold rejects who think they know it all.
  18. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Never say Never...Remember Jimmy Johnson's on his way back! :D
  19. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Your right about never say never. I'm saying if it were my call to make I would say No to bringing Bryant back. I would also say No to TO. I think chemistry is critical for a team and the last thing we need to someone bone head undermining the team for their own selfish reasons. I’ll always believe that football is the ultimate team sport so I want team players. I’ll take a guy with a little less talent who will give his all for the team before I would risk losing an entire team on the action of 1 player.
  20. royhitshard

royhitshard New Member

945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do.