1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Antwaan Randle El?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Wulfman, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    He's not a splashy choice by any measure, but I saw where he's expected to be released by the Steelers today. Just thinking that, as a slot receiver, he might be a decent alternative. He can return punts, and could potentially serve as an emergency/Razorback QB that would allow us to use that 46th roster spot for someone else on gameday.

Again, not a sexy or epic alternative, but he might be a low-priced guy that could come in and give us another veteran presence in what has become a VERY young group.

Thoughts?
  2. spook930

spook930 Active Member

365 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    No thanks!
  3. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Veteran presence - yes.
    Viable PR - No. He really sucks at it...I've watched him do it for the Skins for however long he was in DC. He's awful.
    Viable slot option - Maybe.

I'd really like to see what Harris, Hurd, Johnson and to an extent Jesse Holly can do.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No thanks... He couldn't blow by a fat guy stuck in sand...
  5. DawnOfANewD

DawnOfANewD New Member

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haynesworth on the beach?
  6. Tennione72

Tennione72 Member

825 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I think that would be a good move as long as the money is right
  7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Pass and once again hurd is a FA.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Why yes, how did you know?

:laugh2: :bow:
  9. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would pass. HE never was more than a No. 3 WR even in his prime, which has past, so he would just be a high priced roster spot now.
  10. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It probably won't be Antwaan Randle El, but it would not surprise me a bit if the Cowboys signed someone like him.

Once the Cowboys have addressed higher priority positions (Safety, DL, and probably RG), if the team has some money left over and if there is a bargain-priced veteran WR available who the Cowboys like, sure, the Cowboys would think about signing him.

I'd be surprised if the Cowboys signed a vet WR before signing at least one FA safety and at least one FA DE.
  11. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Ugh...no.
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,077 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    No its a bad move anyway you slice It.
  13. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree that there is a good chance they will sign someone - probably a veteran. What I envision is someone that was once a solid starting WR, but is now past his prime, but still has something left in the tank. Our WR group is very thin on veteran experience, and is lacking someone that is capable of filling a starting role if Dez or Miles goes down for any length of time, so this kind of player would make some sense.
  14. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,737 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    We get someone to fill the #3 role and let the rookie Dwayne Harris learn from them for a year. I do not trust guys like: Kevin Ogletree, Manny Johnson, Teddy Williams, or Jesse Holley. All of these guys are PS material with the exception of Ogletree, and he's a borderline guy.
  15. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,164 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    PLease i want every teams trash because their trash is better than our players, If Antwan wasnt good enuff for the Skins, what makes you think hes good enuff for us?