1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any chance Garrett gets fired? Who would you hire?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Dec 31, 2012.

1. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Never liked Gruden...Holmgren is another story, but there isn't gonna be a change.
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'd take Reid, Cowher or Holmgren. In that order. Let's face it though Jerry will take a couple of days to cool down and then tell the media Garrett will be back.

8-8 in 2014, that's my prediction.
  3. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received

8-8...need we say more?

I think Garrett will be solid one day, but it's gonna be awhile. Question is, are you prepared to wait? Either way, it'll be Jerry Jones' fault whatever he does :laugh2:
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    What about 2013?
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    We shouldn't have to go down to the wire like this and put so much emphasis on winning week 17. Not with the amount of talent we have. This is "America's Team". The entire country expects us to be good every year because of who we are.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,570 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    Anybody thats honest with themselves can clearly see that Garrett is about 50-50 on being fired. There was just disgust in Jerrys tone lastnight. He probably stopped himself from saying something stupid when asked about coaches yesterday. Maybe he'll think it over and ride with Garrett in 2013 but i wouldnt be suprised if he's fired either
  7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,265 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    No, he's not getting fired.

Jerry Jones has found his Tom Landry. He's going to let Jason Garrett learn on the job until he becomes proficient at coaching.
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    My bad, 2013. But I do think there's change in 2014.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,887 Messages
    7,308 Likes Received
    I don't care because we lost this game because we were simply out manned up front. Gruden, Holmgren, Payton, Reid. Nobody was going to change that.
  10. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    He at least gets one more year then we'll see
  11. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

851 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    That would take "half a brain" which none of the Jones brood has at this point.
  12. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,413 Messages
    1,655 Likes Received
    You made me laugh. Thanks.
  13. curboys

curboys Member

81 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Anyone interested in Lovie Smith ??
  14. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,652 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    I would definitely say Garrett is on the hot seat after listening to Jerry's interview last night. The axe will fall within hours if it is going to happen.
  15. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    The guy Jerry really wanted just resigned with New Orleans. Garrett stays.
  16. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,264 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    At one time I was one of Garrett's biggest supporters. But I have been going the other way since the Arizona game LAST season. Last night was the capper. To not be able to adjust to a blitz the entire game is unconscionable and should be a fireable offense. To me that just shows one of two things: him being overmatched and just not able to recognize game situations or just coaching scared. Either way it is not acceptable. This guy has had more than enough time and for him to say after the game last night that they will use this loss as fuel going forward....he said the same thing after last years loss to NYG IN THE SAME GAME and how did that work? Did it help us overcome last night? The guy is all talk and no results. Yes the OL needs fixing but his play calling I'd atrocious. you have a bad OL and can't stop a blitz all night? Ever hear of draw plays and screen passes to make a blitzing D pay? We all deserve so much better. Who to bring in? At this point anyone besides Garrett. I'd be fine with a Zimmer type. Jerry may be the worst GM in the game but play calling is not on him, it is on the coach.
  17. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Andy Reid (ducks)
  18. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett will either be fired or the Cowboys will bring in an offensive cordinator like Norv Turner to run the offense and help Tony Romo. But to be honest with you I believe the Cowboys should either part ways with Romo or Garrett. WHY? because Romo doesn't really fit in Garrett pass happy system because like I've said earlier in the season before the Cowboys went on a roll, that Romo is mistake prone and shouldn't be in pass happy situations.

Garrett has a tendency to not use the running game and get back into his own game plan which is pass happy. Look at what the Redskins did on the ground. The running game makes your passing game unpredictable. I understand some people would say RG3 is just athletic to do them plays and that would make them unpredictable, but it's just the concept they used against the Cowboys which is mixing the plays up which Jason Garrett fails to do all the time, he's what I call a predictable coach. I kind of blame Jerry Jones more for Garrett for not taking in consideration of his experience in coaching. I feel as if some of the coaches on the staff can't get the full amount out of a player.

For example, Tony Romo, I believe a whole lot of him flopping at given moments is reflected on the coaches that has been around him trying to develop him, and I believe Jerry hasn't had a coach like that since Parcells. Even though Parcells is a defensive minded coach he was a wise man on offense because he ran heavy and when he did pass Romo would be in better position then the games we are in now. The Cowboys lack a rushing attack that is consistent, game in and game out, to help Tony Romo be in better situations were the defense would expect the run when we are doing play action passes down field. The way the Redskins blitz you would've thought Cowboys would have been running heavy, but instead Garrett gets into pass frenzy mode. I feel like with John Gruden he would help Romo on certain mechanics and I heard him speaking on the Cowboys in a game and he was talking about what the Cowboys lack to help taking the pressure off of Romo which is the same thing Im talking about which is a running game. And I feel like John Gruden should be the Coach of the Dallas Cowboys along with the 4-3 Defensive coach. LET GARRETT AND ROB RYAN GO.

Rob Ryan is another story along with this 3-4 defense is dumb for the Cowboys, why?, first of all we haven't been running it right since Bill Parcells and even at times he didn't run it right. 3-4 is a sensative defense and it needs to have the right personnel in order for it to be effective. The Cowboys have been believing for years that Ratliff is a true Nose Tackle and that's the position he is most effective at. A whole lot of us know that Ratliff (6-4 280 300 at best) isn't a real nose tackle and that's why we get ran on effectively. He's just a pass-rusher that know how to manuver his way through the line instead of doing what a real nose tackle do and get push in the middle. Even Brent (6-3 310) isn't a real nose tackle but he have the frame to add more on to be a true Nose tackle. Ratliff would have been more healthier and effective year in and year out not declining if he decided to play DE in the 3-4. To make a long story short this is a big reason why I believe the 4-3 is better for Cowboys because Ratliff wants to be a nose tackle and plus we have the personnel for the 4-3 even though some defensive linemen might have to go.

4-3 would look like this

Spencer Hatcher Ratliff Ware
    Butler Spears Less. Crawford
    Wilbor Brent

Carter Simms Lee
    Connor Albright
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,748 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Now that Lovie Smith got fired, he's the guy I want to replace Garrett
  20. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

It all depends on his o coordinator he plans on bringing in. Its what cost him his job in Chicago and appears to be a massive weakness in his head coaching abilities.