1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any Josh Hamilton News From the Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Nov 8, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    Any feel from anybody on whats happening with Josh?

I know its early in the FA process, but there seems to be rumors that Baltimore could be a great and likely destination for him.

Just curious if anything is out there.
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Adios ! After he quit on the team this year Im tired of losers in DFW.
  3. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    John Daniels has told Hamilton and his agent to go ahead and test the FA market.
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,351 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    I follow baseball closely, last I heard was Seattle, Atlanta, Balt and the Dodgers were all very interested.

If Atlanta loses Bourne, then they will make a strong play after Josh.
  5. DallasCowpoke

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Saw a short piece of an interview w/ Mike Adams on the news last night. I'm betting several players are going to have some similar views on Hamilton if/when he leaves.

Mike Adams: Never sure which Josh Hamilton would show up

6. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    A certain amount of speculation exists.

Will he get 7/$175 million contract, or will his history make teams cautious?

We shall see.
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,456 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I am a huge Hamilton fan. I love him being with the Rangers. That said I'll be pretty surprised if he remains with them.
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,666 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    will miss his production but not the player that quit at the end of the season, The rangers should spend the $ on pitching instead they got plenty of good bats in their lineup even without Josh
  9. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Whomever signs Hamilton will be paying top dollar for him. I don't honestly know if that's a good idea. He's got a lot of talent, no question but the kind of money that he will demand will likely mean that only a big market team can take a chance on that. If you are a small market team, would you risk that kind of money on a player like Hamilton? That kind of deal could cost a Small Market GM his job if it goes South.
  11. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He's going....going....gone!
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,704 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Josh is arguably the games greatest raw talent but also the most fragile emotionally player in MLB.

Texas' approach thus far has been on point. We won't even insult you with an offer, just go test the market and let us decide to match or pass.

Josh has a home here and a large ranch 45 minutes away. Is he going to want to go another market and start over? Who knows.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,136 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    He may well want to JT but that might not be in his best interests. He needs the right situation or he will be one of those would have, should haves that could have been an alltimer but got side tracked by the fast lifestyle.
  14. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

751 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I saw an article that was the worst possible slam on Josh.

Let just say if he ends up playing for the Yankees history may repeat itself... ;)

I hope it does not end that way.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,704 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    I wish absolutely zero ill will on him whatever happens but if he ends up in LA or NYC he has a life expectancy in my eyes of less than 5 years. He is so mentally weak so outside influences and anything negative at all sets him into a tail spin.

LA has easy access to everything he needs to avoid and the NY media would eat him alive.

He is a guy who quit snuff because it is sinful then went into a severe slump because he couldn't perform sans snuff.
  16. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Hmm, the same could be said of Mike Adams. When he walks out there you never know what the hell you are gonna get.
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I can't see Atlanta spending money to get him. Very cheap team
  18. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    Has Atlanta been one of the teams in the rumor mill?

Havent seen it.
  19. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received

Nobody is talking about it around here in Atlanta. Although Dexternjack mentioned us and said he follows it closely, so I figured he may know something I don't. I love baseball, but as soon as football starts I pay very little attention.
  20. DallasCowpoke

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    I'm far from being baseball-savvy, but it seems logical Hamilton's best suited for an AL club, where as he gets deeper in his 30's and his chronic fragility likely gets worse, he can at least be used more often as a DH.