1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Any thoughts on C. Jones (Cuse)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Future, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,336 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    Interesting tweet from McShay (idk how to copy paste)

"SYR DE C. Jones (SYR). Laughable that Jones is soaring up people's boards.Tape study in Jan/Feb showed 1st-rd talent. So why "rising" now?S

Being a Cuse guy, I'm a fan. I don't think we'll pursue him in the first, but maybe in the second if we go OL or DB in the first. Anybody like him?
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I like him. Clearly he has good genes.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I think he goes 16 to the Jets.

McShay is a joke and a couple of years ago someone posted comments from scouts and GM's about what they thought of McShay.

Players rise after the season and up to the draft.

We have one.....Ware.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,421 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    Would you play him at OLB or DE?

His measureables are within range of a 3-4 OLB prospect, but he doesn't really look like an OLB in game footage.

The is no possibility that I would take him over Shea McClellin.

[IMG]
  5. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,330 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    3-4DE.

Love him. I see JPP. Tons of potential and work ethic to be coached up. Frame to add weight without sacrificing explosion
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,336 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    He'd have to bulk up (I thought he was heavier) but I agree that he'd be a 3-4 DE. Don't think he really has the quickness to play outside.
  7. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He looks to me to be an Aldon Smith clone who could be talented enough to help us be rid of A. Spencer and his mediocre motor. Jones has a non-stop motor. Don't be surprised if we take him at 14.
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If Tamba Hali can be a productive 3-4 OLB, so can Chandler Jones.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,370 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Highlight the text. Right click copy. Go to where you want to copy to, right click paste. I am hearing as high as mid 1st Chandler Jones.
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,330 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I'd love that. His pre-draft rise feels alot like Ware's. Not saying they're the same player, just a similar scenario
  11. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Do you know something we haven't heard? Have not heard us tied to him at all. Would be interesting.
  12. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,377 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I think the worst case for him is that he becomes a good pass rush guy as a defensive end with 15 more pounds which is a pretty good player.

I'd actually like to see somebody try the same thing with Frank Alexander from Oklahoma with a 5th round pick. Both have 35 inch arms and 4.7-8 ish speed and some decent pass rush film.

I think Jones should be on our radar.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,581 Messages
    2,740 Likes Received
    I like him, too. He's another dark horse I'd be ok with if our other options are off the table tomorrow.
  14. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,916 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Mayock and one of the ESPN guys said he reminded them of Simeon Rice
  15. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mayock's mock draft just came out and he has C. Jones as the top rated D End in the draft over Q. Coples.

I don't have any inside info but some sites have him listed at 247 and some at 266. Either way, it'd be a great chance to get a stud in here to eventually replace Spence. Jones in the first and Still or Alameda in the second would really fortify our D. Imagine a high motor athletic OLB opposite Ware instead of the "maybe I'll play this down maybe not", guy we've got now. I suppose we could franchise him for another year if we have to, but I'd really hate to give Spence a long term deal.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,336 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Well no crap...I thought some ppl did like a fancy thing with Tweets.