1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anybody watch Conan O'Brien?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Joe Rod, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Nope don't watch Leno either
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,917 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    I've watched a few shows, here and there, since the switch. I don't watch very often.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Pretty good stuff.

If you look at his backdrop, its the background from one of Mario games. Don't remember which one.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,917 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    Can't say I blame him.

Now I must preface this by saying I don't watch either of those shows. Have caught a few episodes over the years but mostly if I see them it is from some youtube clips or something.

With what I have gathered, I think it is pretty crappy how NBC and Leno are going about this thing.

NBC asked Conan to wait some years back and he would eventually have the time slot/show title. Basically wait and be the heir apparent. So I believe it went out a little longer than they initially said it would but Conan did his part and made no fuss about it.

Then Leno, not NBC, decided he wanted the 10 slot each night. This was not something NBC asked him to do.

Jay got his wish to move, NBC approved and then named Conan to the slot and gave him the show title.

Now it seems that NBC is canceling jays early show because the numbers have sunk and want to submarine Conan by moving him back in the time slot. Basically saying Jay wanted to move to something else but now that we canceled his show he and NBC, want to move him back to that time slot even if it is for a shorter show. So they want Conan who has been waiting patiently for years to get the spot to just move back to a different time slot.

So I can understand his frustrations with both Jay and NBC.
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That was brutal for NBC and Leno.

They deserve it.

Ask Letterman.

:D
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    They shouldn't have given Conon a contract for THAT time slot. :laugh2:
  9. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like Conan is headed to fox and Leno is back on the tonight show. The Tonight Show is officially dead to me now. I'm boycotting. #%$! Jay Leno and NBC.

[IMG]
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree. And Johnny Carson would be turning over if he knew about this. When Johnny left, I stopped watching it for the most part.
  11. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is all NBC's fault. They pushed Leno out early and then tried to save a few bucks by dropping him in before Conan so they didn't have to pay for a scripted show in that time slot. Now Conan is getting the rug pulled out from under him, NBC's ratings are even further in the tank, if you can believe it, Leno looks like a complete jerk when they didn't offer him much of a choice in the first place, so really everybody gets screwed, well, except for Letterman. Ratings win for him.
  12. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,429 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    That's actually completely backwards.
  13. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,429 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Leno's ratings for the time slot against Letterman were better for almost 10+ years. He smashed Letterman in some cases, repeatedly.
  14. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    it is ugly, I've been in touch with some of the writer's, lots of angst.
  15. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never could stand him. Too big of a nerd.

No offense, Aikbach.
  16. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any behind the scenes info?