1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else excited about this weekend?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy4ever, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,100 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I am. I know we haven't played very good this year. I watch the same OL that everyone else watches, so I don't need to know how bad they suck! But here is the deal, for me anyway, I said I see a change in this team. I feel this team is meant to do something great, this year. That starts Sunday. The team as had it's butt handed to it 2 out of the last 3 games. If they have any heart at all, they man up and come out and take it to the Ravens. I think they have heart. I think they have some fight in them. I think they will take it to the Ravens.

Fire away, bash away, whatever you feel like you need to do. I will be in front of that TV on Sunday, expecting (not wishing, not hoping they prove me wrong or whatever the catch phrase is today) a win by MY Boys! The next 5 games will define this team and season.. I say we go 4-1 and have a 6-3 record when its all said and done.

Sunday's Score: Cowboys 24 Ravens 10.

To borrow a saying: Book IT!
  2. ODawg

ODawg Benched

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I sure hope your right!!!!!!!!:bow:
  3. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    well I love the enthusiasm
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this^^^^well, except I would have used "you're"
  5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Yea, I doubt that will happen... Hope so, but it's doubtful...
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    It's always exciting

Until the game starts
  8. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,108 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I'm excited too--it's my favorite team and I'm going to pull for them and hope they win--if they have quit, we'll see it Sunday--if they are going to fight and play to win for the rest of the year, win or lose, I'll stick with them
  9. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Not really im expect a hard physical loss. Im having my midseason burnout already. I didnt wanna watch football sunday and im not watching this sunday. Sometimes it gets boring to me
  10. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,787 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    So do I. I wish I could be also, but watching this team lay an egg, time after time is getting old. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Yeah. I took a week off too. But I'm not missing a cowboys game. You're a better man than I am.
  12. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm so excited that I think I'll start drinking at 11. That way, when we have already lost the game by halftime..HEY..at least I'll be drunk by then. :D
  13. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I am ALWAYS excited for football sunday and even though I have low expectations for the boys I will still watch. :D
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I always get pumped for Cowboys' games but at some point you have to start tempering expectations.

I was holding out hope before the Bears game that this team could show the world on Monday night how they weren't the same old Cowboys - but in typical Cowboy fashion, they embarassed themselves and showed that they are a team incapable of getting out their own way.

Which is even more frustrating, because I'd rather watch a team systematically whoop our butts - than for us to go out and straight up hand W's away. It's not like Cutler and the Bears defense were dominating us, we handed them 21 points. Just like we gave the Seahawks 10 before anyone could break a sweat.

I really haven't seen this team really put it together in quite a while. Perhaps the 2009 run, and the 13-3 2007 squad had flashes of brilliance. But then, just like now - they are a fundamentally flawed team with major glaring holes that prevent them from being able to consistently win games.

So, of course I'm excited, we post on a Cowboys message board so I'd hope everyone else has a pulse and wants this team to win as much as I do. But after a while, watching the same show gets boring after a while, especially when the majority of us are pretty affluent enough to recognize trends and patterns in a team we obsess over. Given the resources here and the visibility of the Cowboys through the media, you'd have to pretty dense to assume that suddenly this team is going to magically put everything together and go on a major run against this schedule. It's all about expectations and I personally don't expect much from the 2012 Cowboys.
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,840 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    Out of 4 games, I've seen 1 half of what I'd term as "watchable football;" and that was the 2nd half against the Giants. Everything else has been a catalogue of epic failure that a college team would find embarrassing. So I'm not sure I can say I'm looking forward to it, but as a father of two that works fulltime, I'm really hoping I can at least walk away from this game feeling as though it was time well spent. Because I can't say that of the last three games I watched. My time is way to valuable to continue seeing games like last week. And by the way, they don't have to win for me to enjoy watching; just be competitive.
  16. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

455 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I am very excited about the challenge of facing the Ravens. I very much look forward to this game.
  17. canters

canters Active Member

1,788 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I do not think the Ravens will blow us out, unless we have too many turnovers.
  18. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,840 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    ...and this
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    My son has two hockey games, plus at least 3 practices, a fourth if he is motivated to go and a private swimming lesson, so yeah I am looking forward to the weekend.

As for the Cowboys game, I will have it on PVR and watch it live sometime that day.

With his hockey sched this year, I'm not getting full value from my Sunday Ticket :bang2:
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I'm not a ravens fan so... no.