1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else excited about this weekend?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy4ever, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    I'm okay with moving Carr to Safety. It's not ideal; but it is putting your best 11 players on the field.
  2. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,746 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    wouldn't that be amazing. Can't remember a game i went into where i thought we didn't have a chance. it's bizarre. I have absolutely 0 expectations of winning though.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

11,023 Messages
    883 Likes Received

one of the few absolute things that i can say is positive about growing older.

wisdom
    better with finances

not letting the cowboys get to you as much as they did in my younger years

i can not begin to describe the emotional rollercoaster i've rode in 37 years of being a fan.

i've finally reached the age where i can just sit back and hope for the best.

the new stadium has alot to do with that..

i know texas stadium was old and needed repair and all.

but when they demolished that place that i grew up watching my only team ever play in...all those memories.

a part of me died.

but i will watch my team till i'm gone though.i will never turn my back.
  4. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received

Live and let live. If we are being honest, none of us are here for the edification of our fellow man. We are here for what is in it for ourselves. It's a place where we can speak our mind about the team we love. How we express it, negative or positive, does not matter because at the end of the day, it is our therapy. Just be happy we have a place like this where are opinion's cannot be censored.
  5. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    The Saints, Giants and Colts two years ago when Jason Garrett took over midseason.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    That was when the Cowboys playoff hopes were over. No surprise they ended up having one of their better Decembers that season. They were able to go out play loose and throw caution to the wind.

It's when the Cowboys have a playoff birth on the line that the pressure gets to them and they begin to fold. They should pretend this season is over and maybe they'll start playing better.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

11,023 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    just another solid post.

what can i say?

you are a great poster.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,983 Likes Received
    it's been awhile since i literally had zero confidence we'd win a specific game. that's how i feel this week going into baltimore. i'm sorry but good teams don't lose to the bears in that fashion at home on primetime. that was a big eye opener for me (moreso than the seahawks game). oline played a little better but there were still no running lanes at all. the ravens are already aggressive as is, they can take it to another level when they know you are one dimensional.
  9. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    people on this board are pathetic. period.
    you're not excited for football?
    are you joking?
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,478 Messages
    2,896 Likes Received
    We have been blown out in 2 of our last 3 games, so I am not really expecting alot this weekend against the Ravens.

I used to get all nervous before games and get pissed if we lost. I punched a hole in the sheetrock when Romo botched the snap in the Seattle playoff game.

Nowdays, a loss really doesnt bother me. After the Chicago game, all I could do was just laugh about with some friends. I guess at some point you have seen the Cowboys lose a game just about every way possible and it really doesnt affect you any more.