1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone else think....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ghst187, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    that we're an offensive line away from being, not just a little, but a good deal better than both superbowl teams?
    I am thoroughly unimpressed. Roth is the definition of a busdriver and not a penny more. Neither offense is very impressive against a decent defense. We proved that earlier this season IN Seattle.

With time to throw, Bledsoe is better than both QBs.
    I'd take MB and JJ over Alexander and Bettis anyday.

I'd take our trio of Key, Glenn, and Crayton over any trio of WRs from the SB.

And I think we're a FS and a LB away (and maybe a DC) from being a LOT better on defense than either team.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    I'll take Ben over Bledsoe any day of the week.
  3. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would give 3 Bledsoes for Big Ben
  4. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,153 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    twice on Sunday.
  5. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Willie Parker to the house!

Look at the open lane he had -
  6. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,217 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    It's precisely why I would not minimize the importance of building and maintaining a dominant offensive front here. We are doing good things on defense. And you can get away with less than spectacular in the passing game if the offensive line play is high level.

A team can't get to this point with a pretty good QB, pretty good running game, receivers, AND offensive line. One of those must be pretty darn salty.
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Miki - that you?
  8. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Big Ben now has 2 pics- and they are so nervous about him on the Pitt sideline they just ran on 3rd and 6.
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see the Ben lovesfest

2 picks - 1 huge in redzone returned 70 yards.

7-19 and appears rattled -
  10. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    these teams are lookin' sad for conf champs.
  11. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    OL is DEFINETELY the key for us. If Seattle comes back to win this game it's clearly because Hasselbeck has plenty of time to throw. Plenty.
  12. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,121 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    i think ben is overrated but no way i would take mb/jj over shaun alexander- thats just crazy talk.
  13. GoDallas

GoDallas New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    parity. We will see the worse Superbowl champion ever (but these teams are still better than us).

Plesae fix the OL, get a kicker & a free safety.
  14. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we are right there with these two Clown teams.

One more great draft and a good FA, we can be in Super Bowl next year.
  15. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    that's not saying much because we didn't even make the playoffs...but both of these teams woulda been killed by the Bill's Superbowl teams!
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    that's true, this is one of the worst superbowls ever with two of the worst teams playing in it. Parity sucks. If Hasselback had one or two WRs that could catch, this wouldn't be a game in the other direction. Flat out suckfest. One of the least exciting games I saw all season. The refs really made it an uphill battle for Seattle and I started off not really caring who won. Lot of holding calls, all against one team during critical points and obvious missed ones the other way. hmmm

I attribute the losses that kept us out of the playoffs to 1) coaching, 2) kicking 3) OL in that order.
    If Zim grows a pair, we find a kicker, a FS and a OL or two....I have no doubt we could beat either of these teams by 20.

Only reason I'd even consider trading Bledsoe for big ben is because ben is so much younger. Big Ben throws some prayers on deep balls. He is a bus driver and no more, at least at this point. Bledsoe will dissect you if you give him time.

Sorry, call it crazy talk or whatnot...but I wouldn't give up JJ and MBIII for Alexander. Alexander hasn't impressed me yet. His 28 TDs may be the biggest scam in NFL history in one of the worst divisions in NFL history in one of worst years for parity in NFL history. I'd prefer JJ and MBIII's explosiveness to Alexander's more 'yawn' style of running. Its only slightly more entertaining than watching highlights of Terrell Davis. There's a reason there aren't a lot of highlight videos floating around of TD or SA, its not exciting to watch guys run through gaping holes for 6 yard TDs.
  17. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    413 Likes Received
    :bravo: We definitely need a young mobile QB!!!!
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,146 Messages
    2,747 Likes Received
    Neither of these teams show they are so special so yes I agree with the initial post.

Holmgren was getting all kinds of love this week and he wasn't so sharp today. The end of each half was simply coaching right out of the "Dave Campo" coaching book.