1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone here experience the late 90s wild west Cowboys Internet?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reverend Conehead, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

905 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure navigation would become even worse. :omg:
  2. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,525 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    On a similar note -- does anyone recall an old listserv for fans? It was pretty active and I recall Rafael Vela was one of the major posters
  3. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

991 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    I did post some on the usenet, something like alt.nfl.cowboys
  4. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Re: Austin 360

WV Cowboy, VA Cowboy (Jerry-hater), LT Fan, Ravi, Ben-in-Austin, MT Fan, lurker, RP/RS12/RXP, ninja, Cal CBFan, Doomsday101, TheFamily, were the mainstays. Probably forgetting a couple.

Single thread format, limited to like 100 characters per post, zero features, etc. No active moderation.

Was nevertheless a great place for a long time until a couple posters decided to ruin it (Diego & JEM) for fun. Caused me to look for other places. I lurked at DMN for a bit and then found the older versions of this site - masevo? or similar, and encouraged folks to move here. Many were reluctant because A360 had been such a great site but eventually most of the above moved here or eventually to DCC when that split occurred.

One of my favorite A360 posters, in retrospect was NinerHater (I forget how he abbreviated it). I don't know that I have ever encountered another poster like him. He was eyore to the max about the teams prospects but never was critical of other posters - a very rare quality.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,777 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Diego and JEM:lmao: That brings back some memories. Actually, JEM was a poster here several years ago. I haven't seen him post here lately, though.
  6. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Yeah, I remember him posting here. He had to clean up his childish act though since there were moderators on this site. I have zero respect for people who would ruin a good thing for others just because they can.

Yes, memories, but not good ones. ;)
  7. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    You ever post on Austin360's "You Make the Call" comment page? A bunch of zone posters did back then.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received

Sam, :laugh2: is no longer. Now, it's only :laugh2:

Sorry Buddy.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,028 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    The old 370 Series Stuff I'll bet.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,496 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    It was not a bad site.
  11. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,680 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    I remember being in the AOL fan boards it was crazy and people were full attack mode all the time! Did anyone ever use the AOL ones?
  12. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,589 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Me either. I even questioned my sanity for even caring about what went on in the CBZ political zone back in it's hay day. People are nuts.