1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone know what is going on with Wilber?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Little Jr, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Anyone know what's going on with him?
  2. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    What makes you think anything is going on with him?
  3. Little Jr

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Lol he's a 4th rnd draft pick that's been active for only 3 of 6 games with out recording a tackle or anything. Just asking have I missed something.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,116 Likes Received
    That seems to be the norm for a 4th round pick though.
  5. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Maybe my recollection isn't correct...but didn't he miss a fair amt. of spring training due to injury or something?

Still...I can't recall a coach singling him out for praise...so that's not so good.
  6. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's teaching Mr. Ed to speak Spanish. :D
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    I don't know how true that is. Quite a few 4th rounders get burn, Wilber just isn't on that list.

I think it's a reasonable question. I'm surprised he hasn't put up so much as 1 tackle.
  8. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    LOL you beat me:bow:
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,033 Likes Received
    When a player is inactive it doesn't mean he isn't any good. It means the game plan and injuries force you to keep someone active at another position. Rosters are always a strategy. Like how we have 2 QBs when most teams carry 3. Or how we had to have 2 Punters for a while because one was hurt. I threw up a little in mouth typing that.

The Cowboys are very pleased with Wilber, but they feel other players at LB are more ready to contribute right now than he is. If they needed him he'd be there. For instance Albright. He can play ILB or OLB, and he is good on STs, so he is going to be there active more than Wilber is who hasn't shown the same ability yet. He still could.
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is a total and complete bust; has to be he is not playing at a pro-bowl level yet. A rookie 4th round pick that has not contributed beyond special teams bust is the only releasable explanation. Every player that comes in the NFL has to be an instant Pro-Bowler or they suck and we busted on the draft pick. :rolleyes:

Did I miss anything
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,461 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    Prank phone call from an ATL radio station

[youtube]Uu9QLZvhLyI[/youtube]

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    Ah yes, the tried and true sarcastic overreaction to a simple question. This one never gets old. :laugh2:

Nice answer, Hos. I think we are all excited to see the kid play.
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yes I was being sarcastic most 4th round picks rarely see the field beyond special teams and most do not make impacts beyond that in their first year.

Yes there are exceptions but they are rare and usually occur due to injury or a young team starting young players.

Wilbur will most likely be in play next year because I do not see Spencer coming back and another offseason generally helps young players.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,981 Likes Received
    these types of posts are really getting annoying on this board.
  15. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Is it so unreasonable to expect a 4th round pick to actually dress for games on Sundays?
  16. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,113 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    I think Wilber's strength isn't up to snuff, but no one should be drawing any conclusions on the kid yet. He has ability and a great work ethic by all accounts so it shouldn't be too long before he's contributing.
  17. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,794 Messages
    1,808 Likes Received

You have to be in the game to be able to make tackles.....
  18. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,335 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Probably another Brandon Williams but no big deal...these OLBs are a dime a dozen. If we need to, I'm sure we can get Baraka Atkins or everyone's favorite Adrian Hamilton next year
  19. Little Jr

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Thanks. I thought maybe I missed an injury or something.
  20. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Perhaps. But not nearly as much as the juvenile, impatient posts/posters that elicit it.