1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Anyone watching WEC tonight?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by the kid 05, Jun 1, 2008.

1. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Faber v.s. Pulver...can't wait
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Cage fighting.
    Like the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

I used to watch it religiously, but have kind of drifted from it. I don't know many of the current fighters.
  4. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought it was probably something along those lines.

Not my cup of tea.
  6. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,639 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Im still upset that boxing is irrelevant now.
  7. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    yup i remember you and i talkin about UFC and you said you didn't like to see people getting kicked in the face n his teeth flying out like chicklettes ;)
  8. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    it hasn't, there are no big name fighters any more so no one follows it, i like watching the old fights though
  9. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

906 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm taping it. I would have watched it live but I'm still pissed at that Kimbo fight from last night...And my boy Baroni lost :(
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,871 Messages
    2,101 Likes Received
    I am so glad Baroni lost.

He is a *** clown if there ever was one.
  11. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that event was afwul. the Robbie Lawler fight was good but it got stopped on a bs call. so by default the best fight of the night was the the Gina fight. war pulver even though i really don't care for the little guys unless one is named Gomi or BJ Penn.

EDIT: Faber reminds me of sunshine from Remember the Titans.
  12. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    oh man that was great, the Yoshiro Maeda Vs. Miguel Torres fight was great. I can't wait for Pulver - Faber 2
  13. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,607 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    my husband is watching it right now.
  14. Boom

Boom Just Dez It

905 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Is Penn going to stay "little"? Sounds like he wants GSP after the Sherk fight.
  15. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Pissed because you think the ref stopped the fight too early or because you think that Kimbo tapped out?

I don't think CBS wanted James' ear falling off on national TV. Kimbo was gonna continue to attack his ear if the ref didn't stop the fight.
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope he fights gsp again. he beat the crap out of gsp in round one and than gsp layed n prayed penn for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Penn is redeticated to mma and taking it seriously now. If they fight he will beat gsp.
  17. cbfan55

cbfan55 Member

529 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    anyone watching the birthday cake bake off?

:laugh2:
  18. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    If Kimbo ever steps in the cage with a real MMA fighter he wont last one round. Heck even Brock Lesner would destroy him. Kimbo has no ground game at all. He nothing more than a Tank Abbot clone. And that style just will not cut it today.
  19. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    James Thompson is a "real MMA" fighter. James fought Fedor's brother and was in Pride several times. Same thing with Tank. He is a "real MMA" fighter.

I have followed Kimbo since his first fight on Youtube vs that guy named "Bird". Its the fight where Bird's eye almost falls off. Kimbo then had several backyard fights after that and then encountered Sean Gannon. Sean beat him b/c Sean was an amateur MMA fighter. I think Kimbo realized that he had to improve his overall fighting (not just boxing it out with guys), thus he got with Bas.

I'm not saying Kimbo is ready for Fedor, Cro Crop, AA, Randy, etc. He's just a beginner in MMA, he even stated it himself. He's got a lot to learn (ju-jitsu, kick boxing, etc), but he sure is entertaining to watch....
  20. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,800 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    That is true. But he is a beginner at the age of 34. He has a long way to go to be a legitimate contender for a belt. Brock Lesner is light years a head of him because he has a ground game. James Thompson is an MMA fighter but he isnt very good. Tank is over the hill. In his prime I think Tank would beat Kimbo. I don't blame Kimbo for doing what he is doing. He is probably making more money than he ever has. The entire fight card was a joke except for the Carano fight. EliteXE has a long way to go before they can compete with UFC or even WEC.