1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aqib Talib

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hoofbite, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Im not sure what people think of him or where he might go but hes looking like a doublt threat.

Granted its against weak opponents but hes lined up at WR a few times and has 5 catches for like 150 yards and 3 TDs.

what do you guys think?
  2. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess that means he's got good hands which CBs certainly can use. Might be of value as a KR as well. How good a CB is he? The mock drafts at this point have him going anywhere from late first to 3rd rounder.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,278 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    I've watched him play his entire career. He is pretty special. Not likely going to be a "shut down" CB in the NFL (other than Champ who is???) but he would be much better than Henry. I'm hoping we can get a guy like that in the 2nd but he probably won't last that long. With him on one side and TNew on the other we would be set for a few years. My bet is that he won't play much WR in the bigs. Obviously he could play there is needed. Also possesses KR skills making him a higher value player. Hopefully he will get some national exposure this fall so everyone can see him play. Unfortunately he is only on TV here locally.
  4. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got burned today, but then got the game winning int.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,601 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    who does he play for?
  6. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kansas
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    He also caught another TD. Think that gives him 4 TD on 7 catches with a 25 yard average.

He also has an 100 yard INT return if I remember right.
  8. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I think he's the best CB we can go after. He can play. He'll also be good in the return game. We need depth at CB I think he would be a great fit here.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,278 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    He would start for us. Henry would move to #3.
  10. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I don't know about that but at least we would have 4 decent corners and be able to match-up against more teams with 3 good WRs and we would be okay if an injury happens
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    We don't have to move Henry to #3...just wait a little bit and he will get injured.:eek::