1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are Eberflus and Henderson safe?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by punit328, Feb 6, 2013.

1. punit328

punit328 Active Member

690 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    With reports of Rob Ryan going to New Orleans as the defensive coordinator, do you see him trying to steal Henderson and Eberflus?

I know he would love to stick it to the Cowboys and I wont lie, this does make me a little nervous.
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,676 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    There's really nothing he can do if they're under contract. It's not like any of them will be promoted.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,160 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    The Saints would have to offer either guy a position as Assistant HC. I think Joe Vitt already holds that title.
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,676 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    I think the whole Assistant HC thing doesn't even work any more. Not considered a legit promotion. I think teams use that more as a recruitment tool to get them to switch teams.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,034 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Naa they're already under contract with Dallas.
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think so, too.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,569 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    If theyre under contract they have to ask for permission. Dallas will decline. Eberflus would be the only guy IMO Ryan would want. Its been said by Broaddus alot that Henderson wasnt even apart of the Def meetings at the end of the yr
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,456 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    There were also reports that Ryan wasn't even there and that Eberflus was running the meetings. Anyway, Kiffin interviewed those guys and Eberflus has experience running the Tampa 2 so I think they already have said they want to stay and learn from Kiffin and Marinelli.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,648 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    You're correct. That loophole was closed.