1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are The Cowboys Super Bowl Contenders?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by philo beddoe, Apr 4, 2007.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,059 Messages
    773 Likes Received

So whats the answer? How many houses were built? :laugh2:
  2. firehawk350

firehawk350 Active Member

2,108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again, you are oversimplifying things. Yes, if TDs are the only measure, Barber wins. Oh wait, nevermind. barber wins against an injured portis. But again, I point to the difference in yards vs. the difference in TDs.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    IMO, there isn't much seperation between Witten and Cooley

I'd say it's about even, Cooley is better at getting in the endzone, and Witten is the more surer receiver, both are average blockers
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    hey, it's not our fault that outside of Moss, your receivers suck
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,784 Messages
    2,514 Likes Received
    Does that hurt?
  6. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's the best one I've found. If you've found a better, please produce it. Otherwise, cease with the attempts to degrade the evaluation system when you don't even possess the mental faculty to understand it. No matter how much you reiterate your foolishness.

Not maybe. Definitely. Witten's catch percentage is better than Cooley's every year.

Taking a bubble screen 20 ayrds does not qualify you as a deep threat. Cooley had 17 receptions behind the LOS last year and 21 the year before that. Witten has had 9 total the past two years.

Who is catching passes downfield in traffic more often?

Over the past 3 years, Witten has 31 catches of 20 ayrds or more. Cooley has 21. Fall back.
  7. firehawk350

2,108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh okay, so if you could be somebody else, you would say Witten. But you can't BE anyone else, you'll always slant to the blue and silver side of things. If I weren't a Skins fan or Cooley wasn't a skin, I wouldn't change my opinion either. See how easy that was?

I meant I wouldn't know what to do because they are both great weapons and I have no idea what the rest of the team looked like. You were a bit vague.

You believe... I believe a lot of things, but my beliefs aren't revelant to this discussion. Just like your personal beliefs aren't. That's why we use statistics.

Wow, your so close to being funny. SO CLOSE! Just keep reaching for the stars...

Haha, it isn't hype because Hos says it's not, huh? Wow, glad we cleared that one up. So, while we're at it, let me email the league office with your responses on the following?
    Mike Vick all hype? How about Calvin Johnson? Who's your underachievers of the draft? I mean, after all, your opinion on these subjects end ALL debates.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    punk, I don't feel like wading, so could you please post the DVOA ranking again?

thanks
  9. firehawk350

2,108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It isn't cooley's either...
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :confused: ok, but you're the one saying if you take Cooley away, it would hurt more than it would the Cowboys if we were to take Witten away
  11. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    It's like a few posts up.

Witten was 3rd, 2nd and 3rd over the past three years.

Cooley was 9th, 4th and 18th.
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,186 Messages
    5,740 Likes Received
    I would say that the TDs that Witten would have normally gotten were caught by Owens...and maybe run in by Barber. It's about opportunities. I don't know that Witten got many end zone opportunities last year. That is the TO effect, which I don't mind.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    No, I'm using your same criteria against you.

You're just apparently incapable of seeing that.

The one stat your hero has on Witten is TD's so for you, it's the deciding factor.

Therefore, by your own judgement:

Barber >>>>> Portis and Betts
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    great point

Cooley's got nothing then
  15. Hostile

118,784 Messages
    2,514 Likes Received
    Except that I don't do that. If a Skins player is better, I have no issue with saying so.

Uh, no I wasn't.

No, that's why you're using them.

Hey I will thanks for the support.

Reading comprehension isn't your forte' is it?

It is? Damn, I need to market myself. Pay me and I'll tell you all you want to know.
  16. Hostile

118,784 Messages
    2,514 Likes Received
    Funny how the math only works one way huh Stash?
  17. firehawk350

2,108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The mental faculty huh? Wow, maybe, just maybe, I don't think it's as easy as one number, no matter how well numbers go into that particular number. I mean, if it was, why have scouts?

How is THAT number derived?

Cooley has proven to be a downfield threat already. Just because he catches more passes close in doesn't negate his threat down the field. That 66 yard reception was with a safety on his back, which he shrugged off and then raced down the sideline (I believe he had to break another tackle too) for a score that put the Skins up. I like that threat better then a 44 yard reception that didn't score. But you can take your 44 yard reception if that's what you prefer.

Oh, you mean including the Cooley's first season where he only started 6 games? Yeah, that's valid. Over the last two seasons (where both started an equal amount) Cooley has 18 20+ yard receptions and 2 40+. Witten has 17 20+ receptions and 1 40+. Try again...

Yay, hooray, an actual post based on fact. It only took 11 pages.
  18. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    as of right now we are pretenders.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,794 Messages
    1,582 Likes Received
    It's like talking to a wall!

:bang2:

Like Forrest says, "stupid is as stupid does....."