1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are The Giants Greatest Team Ever?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Rockytop6, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Every day forever some writer has raised the question whether the Patriots are the greatest team ever and is Brady the greatest QB ever.

Since the Giants beat the best team (lol) ever then I suppose they must now be considered the greatest team ever by the media. Following that logic (illogic) then Eli must be the greatest QB ever since he and his team beat Brady and his team.

I can readily name several teams (Bears, 49ers, Cowboys of course and the Steelers) that produced SB teams better than the Patriots. The Patriots' watered down competition in this salary cap era doesn't compare to the competition when those teams sent their best ever teams to the SB.

I hate the Giants but had to enjoy their win over the Patriots.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,462 Messages
    591 Likes Received
    Yeah.... just like Brett Favre is the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME AND FOREVER AND EVER.
  3. ctrous25

ctrous25 Stay Classy Philly/Minny

819 Messages
    20 Likes Received

Yomick I know your joking right giants worst team ever to win super bowl
  4. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shall I vomit now? or later..

:ralph: :puke: :ralph: :puke:
  5. REDVOLUTION

23,462 Messages
    591 Likes Received

Yeah... the Brett post was for FloridaRob

The Giants are certainly not the worst team to ever win a SB... not even close....
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,039 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Probably not the best ever, in fact they're not cause that's still the '72 Dolphins, but they did pull off probably the biggest upset ever.
  7. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Tonight the Patriots cemented their place in history as the weakest of all NFL dynasties.
  8. REDVOLUTION

23,462 Messages
    591 Likes Received

With a side "doubt" and "taint" on their past SB wins....
  9. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The 1972 Dolphins were the worst ever team to win a superbowl. They weren't even favored in that game.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,039 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    But they won, did they not? I believe, in football, that is actually the only thing that matters. If you win, not if you're favored to do so.
  11. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,588 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    The '72 Dolphins are the best team ever? Were you even alive? That team has the lone distinction of going undefeated all to themselves. But they didn't blow anybody out and would likely have been thrashed had they faced a true dynastic power like 70's Steelers, 80's Niners, or 90's Cowboys.

You over-estimate them...
  12. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. redfog

redfog New Member

186 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ummm no

Patriots arent even a dynasty if you ask me. They won 3 of their titles with a combined total of 9 points and that's with the cheating tactics.
  14. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,720 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    I will say this.....

They are not the best team ever, but they had the greatest playoff run of all-time.....they beat 4 Division Champs on the road. They beat two 13-3 teams and an 18-0 team....all of which had beaten the Giants 4-0 in the regular season.

BTW, my favorite number is 11.......today the Giants just won their 11th straight road game....I am so happy for the Giants and the Lombardi is back home where it belongs, in the NFC East.....well unless your name is the Filthachokia Eagles.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Giants pulled over the greatest upset of all time, but they're definitely not the greatest team ever!
  16. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's no question about that. That stretch of victories was the most clutch thing I've ever seen. The 1980 Oakland Raiders have nothing on these guys.
  17. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,436 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Biggest since SB3 in any case.

This is pretty huge.

The Giants played one hell of a game tonight though.

I step back and try to separate myself from the pain of 3 weeks ago...

and I have to say...

The Giants earned this. They played out of this world through the Playoffs.

I hip my hat. They deserve this SB.
  18. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I always felt that GB was vastly overrated.

New York definitely EARNED this Super Bowl. Are they the best team ever, I don't think so, probably not even close. But they sure as hell aren't the worst either.

Tip my hat to them, they played real well throughout the playoffs.
  19. Zen

Zen New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are a Team with a lot of heart, that is what I respect. When a team comes together to overcome lack of talent, injuries and inexperience to become better as a whole is truly inspirational. Similar to when Phil Simms won, He was not the best QB but truly one Tough SOB. Seems this team takes on the spirit of Wellington Mara the architect of the NFL, a great great man.