1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Are we amongst the "cursed franchises"?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,914 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Well, there are the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Oakland Raiders, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns that have been unable to do much of anything over the past decade, other franchises such as the Washington Redskins and the Detroit Lions would belong amongst the aforementioned cursed however by drafting franchise QBs' they seemingly have potential again.

This thread is kind of two-fold, who are the "cursed franchises" and are we amongst them? It's going on one playoff year in twenty years and we've had two bonafide Hall of Famers come and going soon without much of any success (DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten)... Arguably outside of 2007 we've not been a dominant team since the Aikman era.... :eek:
  2. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,194 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Could be tbh. The Chicago Cubs are "cursed" because of a billy goat. The Cowboys have a billy goat running the organization. We did win 3 super bowls with the goat, but supposedly he wasn't calling all the shots then. To be honest, Im really not sure if we are "cursed" or not, but I do know its never good to have a billy goat run an organization. Let this season be exhibit A of that theory.
  3. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,087 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    We are now paying the price for when Jerry sold his soul for 3 SBs in the 90's. I thought everyone knew that.
  4. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Yes we are.
  5. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,223 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Are we cursed? Yes, and the curse's name is Jerry Jones. And it's son's name is Jason Garrett. So yes, we are cursed. Jerry made a deal with Rowdy and now Rowdy is cashing in. Know this, it all started a long time ago. I hear tell that Rowdy was in a bind cause he was way behind and he was willin' to make a deal. Jerry bit and we fans suffer to this very day. But hey, I won't bore you with the details.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    links18 and dwight like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,977 Messages
    1,864 Likes Received
    There is no such thing as curses. Curses are excuses.
    links18 and AmarilloCowboyFan like this.
  7. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Yes...the Cowboys are cursed with one of the worst GM's in the NFL.
  8. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Is there really any question? We could sign Brady, Peterson, Calvin Johnson, The entire SF Oline and Seattle defense and still be 8-8.
  9. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,310 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    After Sunday I am officially requesting membership to the "hate Jerry" club. My denial ability ran out.
    Just sickening. His stupid comments make everything that much worse.
    CopenhagenCowboy and djmajestik like this.
  10. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,096 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Thank you. The GM is the issue. There is nothing cursed about this Organization. The GM makes dumb decisions.
  11. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,584 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    sadly, we are cursed with a mediocre gm. the worst gm wouldn't consistently produce 8-8 clubs.
  12. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,041 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Cursed with GM Jerry,..

It's not bad luck or a curse, what all those team have in common are horrible front offices
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,145 Likes Received
    Yeah....we're "cursed" with the Jones family.

Cursed would imply bad luck. That everything's in place for success and we still fail because of some mythical force against us.

That doesn't apply to the Cowboys. They are no longer what they once were because the top two individuals in our football operations are frauds with no background or skill set for their jobs.

We all deserve better. Every fan on every board. You invest greatly in this team. You are our best and most loyal fans and the owner fails you on a yearly basis simply because he can't stand not being the focal point and face of the team. He can't tolerate somebody else getting the credit.

When the structure in place isn't conducive to success and you've got nearly two decades of evidence of it with no hope for change you're not cursed. You are mismanaged.
    nake, Zordon, ftghb and 2 others like this.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,028 Messages
    9,145 Likes Received
    In lieu of likes for that gem I just posted, make a donation to this website so we always have a place to cry in our beers.
    Zordon likes this.
  15. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,584 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    we don't deserve jack. what are you talking about? every city has ravid fans just as deserving as us.

but thanks for the big steaming pile of emotional sensationalism Nancy
    Future likes this.
  16. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    We're just not as talented as most of the fan base thinks.
    Zordon and perrykemp like this.
  17. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

685 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    It's the curse of TO
  18. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,443 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Buffalo Bills are cursed. I live in Buffalo and I've seen some things man, I've seen some stuff. It's pretty amazing actually.

One thing I can pretty much guarantee. If the Bills or Sabres ever win a championship there will be riots and cars lit on fire downtown and the city will be drunk for 2 weeks straight.
  19. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,015 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    No Such thing as a cursed franchise IMO. And even if there was such a thing...teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, Browns and Redskins wouldn't be those that are cursed. These are four historic franchises. Yes, in the Super Bowl era the Browns have been no-shows, but they have a great history. Lions too, really.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,020 Messages
    5,049 Likes Received
    Yes we are cursed. It all started the day Jerry made a deal with the devil to give us our championships in the 90's.