1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Arizona Cardinals Announcer Comments

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyStar88, Aug 17, 2013.

1. dirt

dirt Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He did admit late in the game to at least 12 "diagnosed" concussions
  2. Crazed Liotta Eyes

Crazed Liotta Eyes Member

47 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Within a couple of minutes, me and my wife were losing it over some of his comments, to the point where she was asking me to turn off the game. Have to admit that it became train wreck like and I couldn't turn away after a while. I just kept saying out loud, "who is this guy?!". By the 2nd quarter, I was imitating him perfectly and pretty much spot on with what he was going to say. Stanton would make a "decent" throw, I'd go, "Wow! that's what you want to see from your Q! Standing tall in the pocket!!" and have it read back to me on TV. Highly amusing to me anyway. Can't believe no one has mentioned the Stump Mitchell story that started getting a little uncomfortable after a while :)
    Idgit and Muhast like this.
  3. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,097 Messages
    1,358 Likes Received
    Yeah, I thought it was Ventura for sure.

I kept waiting for him to say:

"I ain't got time to bleed!"

or

"SOB is dug in like an Alabama tick!"

or

"You lose it here and you're in a world of hurt!"
  4. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,970 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    I thought Jessie the body Ventura also, I thought are we playing the Vikings? Anyone with the pre-season live pass from NFL.com would be happy to know the rewind is with our announcers.
  5. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

337 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Was he drunk?
  6. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

337 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Finally had a chance to watch the game. Scooby Doo could have done better.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  7. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

922 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I laughed at the guy, but I'm glad I don't have to listen to him every week. I actually thought for a while that it might be Jesse Ventura. Seriously. Stranger things have happened. Ventura was a broadcaster with the XFL.
  8. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,594 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    It's Ron Wolfley, former Cardinal fullback and Pro Bowl special teamer...
    [IMG]

He does local sports radio here, it's an automatic station change when he comes on. My guess is someone told him a while back he sounds like Jesse Ventura and he's playing to that. He'll say things like "My Warrior Princess (his wife) makes the decisions in my home" or " Men don't shop at the grocery store, we're hunters, we hunt at the store."
  9. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,802 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I remember when I lived in Phoenix and listened to the morning sportsradio show he was on...

He always reminded of that old cartoon " George is my friend ".." Duhhhhh "..... " I will hug him pet him and squeeze him "..."Duhhhhhh"

10. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,083 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    I love that movie...
  11. Daygoboy6191

Daygoboy6191 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol when Stefan Taylor got a 3 yard run and he was ranting and raving how good his vision was and how great he looked I was thinking to myself did I miss something was that 3 yards or 80 yards with a TD. He was so one sided being a Cowboys fan listening to that made me want to put the game on mute, but we all know you cannot watch football on mute.
  12. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,592 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I'm glad I didn't watch NFL network. Glad I live where I do. Cowboys Network on channel 35 is where I watch preseason. Sham does pretty good, but sometimes Babe and Mickey babble about nonsense during the game.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I mean, like you said.. that is their job.

Im sure they would shift the topics of discussion toward a more neutral setting if they were doing a national broadcast. They aren't though, they are Cardinals announcers and Cardinals fans want to hear almost exclusively Cardinals talk, you know?
  14. CowboysFan73

CowboysFan73 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was my very first thought! I ended up having to turn down the sound at one point...
  15. rickster14

rickster14 Member

143 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Exactly what I thought, but Ventura is smarter
  16. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,010 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Well, they had a national audience (which the play-by-play guy alluded to a couple of times). I'm not sure what wasn't national about that broadcast. It was on the NFL Network and I watched it from my couch less than five miles from the Atlantic Ocean.
  17. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,097 Messages
    1,358 Likes Received
    Haha, it was a good one, and Ventura was great in it.

"This **** makes Cambodia look like Kansas..."
  18. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,759 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    He reminded me of the John Madden from family guy that just wanted to watch a good game of FOOTBALL!
  19. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,199 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  20. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,083 Messages
    1,232 Likes Received
    Man, that guy carved a nice little niche for his career, didn't he?