1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

ARTICLE: DMN Archer Observation Deck: Parcells wired for sound

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 10, 2006.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

72,547 Messages
    16,599 Likes Received
    11:29 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 9, 2006

[SIZE=-1]By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News[/SIZE]

• NFL Films had Bill Parcells wired for sound during Wednesday's morning session. We're not one to say the coach was preening for the cameras, but he was a little more active and vocal than normal.

• For the first time in camp, the players were able to wear shells (scaled-down pads) at practice after wearing pads for 16 straight practices.
    "I'm gonna give them a little – I don't want to say break – but it's a test," Parcells said. "If they do a good job, they might get another chance to go in shells someday soon."

• Agent Jimmy Sexton – who represents Parcells, Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Coleman, Jason Ferguson, Aaron Glenn, Bradie James, Marco Rivera and Jason Witten – was at practice. Marcus Spears recently left Sexton for Steve Feldman. Ken Kremer, who works for mega-agency CAA – which represents Tony Romo, Marc Colombo, Rob Petitti , Chris Canty, Drew Henson and Julius Jones – was also at practice. Could Sexton and Kremer be on hand to finalize extensions for James and Romo? Maybe, but over the course of camp, a number of agents have been on hand.

DeMarcus Ware's athleticism is beyond reproach, but the talented linebacker had a funny moment when he tripped over a bag during warmups, causing his teammates to laugh.

• During one part of the tight end/F back blocking drill against the outside linebackers, Parcells had this to say to Lousaka Polite after going against Greg Ellis: "You can block him, you can block most of them."

• For the second straight day, Skyler Green, Keylon Kincade, Tyson Thompson and Abram Elam returned kicks.

• The Cowboys continue to wear their throwback helmets in practice. They will wear the uniforms three times this year: Aug. 21 vs. New Orleans, Thanksgiving vs. Tampa Bay and Christmas against Philadelphia.

• After giving up a sack, rookie left tackle Pat McQuistan was berated by Parcells for not knowing the play. A few plays later, Parcells encouraged McQuistan. You take the good, you take the bad.

• After not turning up field quickly enough on a third-and-1 play, Tyson Thompson was scolded. Parcells wants to see him keep the drive alive rather than try to break a big run when one is not there.

• During seven-on-seven drills, Drew Henson launched a perfect deep ball to Jamaica Rector to the outside shoulder, prompting a fist pump from the quarterback.

Drew Bledsoe was particularly sharp in red-zone drills, going 3-for-3 on completions to Witten (twice) and Thompson.

• Linebacker Akin Ayodele had to have his facemask straightened out after one play.

2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,230 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    guess green might be an upgrade at kr
  3. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

8,986 Messages
    3,641 Likes Received
    Glad to hear Drew is finding his rhythm. When Terrell gets back I don't want to hear him say "I was open dude". He's not out there.