1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

As though I needed another reason to want to see The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Meat-O-Rama, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,404 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Link

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) and Park Road Post Production today announced that director Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, a production of New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures (MGM), will be mixed in Dolby® Atmos™ to deliver a more natural, realistic soundtrack that moves sound around and above audiences, helping to transport them into the world of Middle-earth.

2. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Well-Known Member

3,976 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I'm just waiting for them to incorporate "Smellivision" to complete the experience.;)

3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,917 Messages
    2,572 Likes Received
    Just go to the earliest viewing possible. There will be a bunch of nerds dressed up emitting plenty of smells.

4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

34,889 Messages
    3,076 Likes Received
    I will be watching this in Disney world.

very excited

5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

10,753 Messages
    5,426 Likes Received
    I had this idea about 10 years ago on how to incorporate smells into TV. I think there is a way to have a chemical mixer built into the bottom of the TV and certain codes start mixing them together and sends out a mist.

Don't know how to get from A to B though and I have a feeling someone will get wealthy over this soon and it won't be me :(