1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

At what point should I stop assuming someone is getting fired?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wolf2k5, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I know it's only Thursday but at what point should I just give into the fact all the same coaches will be back next year? I'm already come to terms Garrett is back but are we honestly having ALL the same staff or am I being impatient?
    waving monkey likes this.
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    You're just being a little impatient. All indicators lead to changes at the coordinating positions on both sides of the ball. Perhaps Marinelli moves up when Kiffin is moved out and Norv comes to save the trainee. Stay tuned. It will test your patience.
    Corso and Wolf2k5 like this.
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,805 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    it's annoying. Keep Garrett fine, but get rid of mk and the oc.

if we go into the season with the same staff we are doomed
  4. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

478 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    ???You tell me???

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 2m
    Jerry is being quite clear (in his quite unclear way) that #Cowboys coordinators are indeed on shaky ground.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
    Jerry Jones on the Callahan and Kiffin's job status: we had a rough year. we didnt have a rough year because of coaching

Jerry on his plan for this offseason: "We won't have the changes that we had last year, one, in the coaching staff area."

Jean-Jacques Taylor ‏@JJT_ESPNDallas 2m
    JJ said im pleased we've got Callahan & Kiffin. Didn't say they'd be back.
    JJ said kiffin & callahan both under contract. Interesting. Kiffin reportedly had 1-year deal.
  5. Sb or Bust

Sb or Bust Active Member

211 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    My prediction: Callahan fired, Norv comes in as OC. Kiffin Retires, Marinelli leaves with Lovie to TB. Ken Norton Jr. Becomes DC. It's a 90's reunion. We all liked the 90's right?
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,845 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Nothing may happen until after the SB. That's probably more true for the teams that fired their coaches already. As they may go for one the playoff teams OC, DC, or assistant coach.
    Unless JJ decides to go after one of these himself for DC or OC.

I'm thinking Callahan stay as OL coach, game planning, JG takes back play calling. Kiffin retires, Marinelli becomes DC.
    I think people are way off the Marinelli leaves and goes to wherever Lovie Smith goes. First, JJ will have to agree to it and let him out of his contract.
    Another possibility, Kiffin stays, but Marinelli takes a more active role to running the defense.

But now would be the time to change after 1 year with them, with all the injuries, wasn't like they really learned the new system yet. So starting with a new one will not be a set back any more than last year going back to the 4-3.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. ragman

ragman Member

180 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The Cowboys may not call it a firing per se, but Monte Kiffin will not be here for the 2014 season. Jerry Jones knows he can't sell status quo to the Cowboys Nation. Someone has to go.
    Wolf2k5 likes this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,140 Messages
    2,984 Likes Received
    That would be fine with me.

They can also keep Lett as the DL coach, bring in Erik Williams to help with the OL and Larry Allen as the Strength and Conditional coach.
    khiladi and Wolf2k5 like this.
  10. Romo2Dez4six

Romo2Dez4six Touchdown!!!!

2,010 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Jokingly I will say... Today is only Wednesday not Thursday lol, but I am prepared for a long offseason of the same crap of process. I don't see any changes happening.
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,516 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    Every morning when you wake up check the news and see if Jerry is still above ground and breathing.
  12. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm not really down with the "can't wait till Jerry dies" direction this is heading but Ill stick with checking news for coaching changed
    theSHOW likes this.
  13. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,011 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    After Jerry has his press conference.
  14. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,845 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    As opposed to underground breathing?. I know that's where some want him...LOL
  15. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,011 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    You want him buried alive?
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    After the Lions game. Or, the Packers Loss. Or, the Bears Loss.

Oh hell with it.. It ain't happening.
    khiladi likes this.
  17. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    He's been underground for years. They just dig him up, clean him up, and put him in his skybox on gamedays.
    khiladi and TwoDeep3 like this.
  18. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I think you deserve an answer.
  19. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    What? but...
    Wolf2k5 likes this.
  20. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    calm down there....lets try something else. How about a little rotation. Garret back to OC Callahan back to the line Marenelli moves to DC and Kiffin takes the HC reigns. Wait, he needs to be in a chair during games...