1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Audio: Moose doesn't see a lot of holes for Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Moose doesn't see a lot of holes for Cowboys

Daryl 'Moose' Johnston talks Cowboys with Galloway and Company...

Moose on GAC - June 24, 2010

There are not a whole lot of concerns for me about the regular season. But I do have some concerns about this team in the playoffs with this coaching staff running things. Wade and Garrett are very good coaches, but they don't have experience in winning those NFC Championship games or divisional road games.

This team has to get over that hump in 2010 and this coaching staff has to give them some advantages to do so. I guess I am still a little worried about all of this 'we would have won if the Vikings game was in Dallas'. That talk was nonsense. The game could have been played on the moon and if the Cowboys offensive line plays that way the score is still the same.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a run where the Cowboys have home field advantage throughout the playoffs and right into the Super Bowl, but if they have to go on a road game or two and win then so be it. Man up and get the job done.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received

To me that was an emotionally charged fluke game ...... just like the Eagles game at the end of the 2008 season.

We see how that changed in 2009.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I was hoping you'd post this, DC.

Got to love what he said about Felix. That's the first time I've heard that.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    I agree with Johnston that where the game was played should have not made a difference. Good teams can win anywhere.

A game like the one we played vs Minn should be a reminder to the players we still have allot of work to do to get to where we want to be
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats one of the keys to i think dc, i said it last year, dont give up on jason garrett yet, he is still learning an an offensive coordinator

having just been a coordinator since 2007, this will be his 4th year, now the blinders should come off and experience start setting in

jason has had some of the great coaches to learn from when playing, jimmy johnson, parcells, and now wade

he should be coming into his own this year for sure

its like mcdormick or however you spell his name the defensive coordinator with eagles, or zimmer, both have had to learn, jason has taken that learning curve now, now we should really see some things offensively minded

and i think wade is taking alittle different approach from his former years, and growing as a head coach too,
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,558 Messages
    3,842 Likes Received
    I agree with Moose. You've got to win playoff games even when they are road games.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  8. windjc

windjc Member

589 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    People forget that for the first 10 minutes of that game, we looked like the better team. But early turnovers and that ridiculous "no look" coverage by Sensabaugh and the game just got away from us.

We could have played them the following week and won.

I give Minny all the credit in the world for how they played. They were arguably the best team in the NFL last year before throwing the game away (literally) to NO in NO.

I dont think Minny was that much better than us last year. But emotionally (more than physically) we let the game get away.
  9. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hey DCFanatic,
    In reading this thread and the link in the original post, I got confused regarding which words are yours and which words came from Moose. Just FYI.
  10. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So listen to the audio.