1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Sham talks Romo and Garrett with Newy

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dcfanatic, Jul 20, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sham talks about pressure on Romo and Garrett

Brad Sham checked in with Newy Scruggs today 105.3 The Fan to talk about the pressures on Tony Romo and the upcoming season...

Brad Sham on 105.3 The Fan

I completely agree with Sham on where Romo has to go with this football team in 2010. Keep the mistakes to a minimum and make sure you are the leader of this team from the very beginning of the season until the very end of the season. As long as he plays well the rest of the team will follow and make sure they play hard for him.

That was a pretty good back and forth about Jason Garrett. I think Sham got the upper hand, but I also think he's biased on Garrett. Maybe Garrett should stop thinking that Leonard Davis and Deon Anderson can get the job done in a short yardage situation and therefore he will call something different than those three plays he called against the Chargers. It's all about knowing what your players can and can't do and then putting them in a position to be successful play in and play out.

I am a Garrett fan for sure. But then there are times when I think he gets too cute and forgets about who's on the field and thinks that his scheme will work just because it works on paper.

With that said I am looking forward to him becoming the head coach for the Cowboys. And trust me this is going to happen because Jerry isn't going to sink all that money into Garrett over the last three years to develop him and then let him walk away like Sean Payton did to win a Super Bowl for some other city.
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    totally agree buddy, garrett is being groomed for the head coaching job, but jason has got to know his players and call things that only they can do, dont ask them something they cant do
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It sucks that The great brad sham goes on with newy of all the shows in the area.

Here is all you need to know about newy as a radio guy.

Monday morning he did two segments on the air about the romo golfing thing. ANd here is what he did, he was reading aloud with the screen names, the remarks from the COMMENTS section of PRO FOOTBALL TALKs blog post on romo finishing second.

and then he was saying these were COWBOYS FANS griping about romo. It takes two seconds at that crappy site to realize its a bunch of kids who are pretty...whats the word...naive? no, stupid..yea I will go with stupid when it comes to the cowboys.

What a sad state of affairs. How can that be two segments on a sports station in this area>?
  4. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    hey theebs what gets to me about 105.3 the fan with newy, you call in, and call in and call in, and they wont let you talk online, you even give them cowboys info that they dont know, and they still wont let you get online and talk
  5. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Fan is a disaster.

I heard the interview they did with Lissemore like three days ago and was embarrassed to put it on here.
  6. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    yeah, i cant believe that jerry jones would let them get away with stuff like that, being the flagship station for the cowboys
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

no doubt about it.

I like that wally lynn will probably be a part of the cowboys gameday lineup now, if they could get drew and charlie it would be like the old days kluv.

But the station itself has no idea what it wants to be.

even jerry made that comment to bad radio not to long ago about how happy he was to be on the number 1 station again!!
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

he has nothing to do with it joe.

I am sure he can demand the gameday presentation be better, but other than that he has no say in anything there!
  9. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    well, i thought a contract was signed you know between jerry jones and the flagship station theebs, and in that contract, im sure stipulation was agreed upon some form or fashion of certain conduct you could do or couldnt do involving the cowboys coverage