1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bad news for DirectTV (and Cable) viewers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ron jeremy, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ron jeremy

ron jeremy New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just talked to direct tv regarding Cowboys-Skins game. I live in Louisiana and they said my local channel will cover Saints game in its entirety and the saints game will also be on ESPN at 8:00 CT. They said that the Cowboys game will not be on ESPN and that I will be able to watch the Cowboys game after the Saints game is over on ABC. Direct TV said this is the same schedule that most of Louisiana and New York areas will have as well. Someone please tell that Direct Tv woman was wrong.
  2. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    What about the Tennessee area?
  3. ron jeremy

ron jeremy New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't know, she just said Louisiana and New York areas and said that the Dallas-Washington game would not be on ESPN at all.
  4. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    That would be a killer if they don't show Dallas and Washington in Memphis!
  5. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Heres my understanding. They are going to start the Saints game 1 hour earlier than the cowboys game. When the Cowboys game starts then the Saints games switches to ESPN.
  6. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I live in Connecticut, so I'll give you my insight.

Seems as if Cowboys/Redskins will begin on ESPN at 9 PM EST, but will switch to ABC when the Giants/Saints is over. Thank God..
  7. Chago

Chago Member

65 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That's how its scheduled on Tivo.
  8. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Everyone go to www.tvguide.com -- that should clear things up for you.

It would m ake no sense to air Giants/Saints on ESPN/ABC at the same time. It will be one or the other.
  9. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    DirecTV customer service being lousy? Getting something wrong? I don't believe it.

:lmao2:
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Asking a directv csr was your first mistake. Choosing Ron Jeremy as your nick and avatar was your second! yuck! :puke:

:ralph:
  11. Mike_45

Mike_45 Active Member

1,098 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Does anyone care to speculate about what will happen to Cowboys games on TV in Austin when the saints play there games in San Antonio. If I cant watch the Cowboys because of the Saints preempting them I'll be super pissed
    Mike
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Ny Metro Area!!!!!!!!

I live in Orchard Park, My Uncle works for ABC affiliate WKBW. Unless you live in NY City or New Jersey you will see the Cowboys game on ABC at 9pm.
  13. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

957 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    ron jeremry ???....LOL...
  14. sbuscha

sbuscha king****

1,160 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cowboys game is nationally scheduled ABC Monday night football game. The Saints game wll be on ABC nationally UNTIL the Cowboys game starts and then the Saints game will be moved to ESPN. The Cowboys game will be aired in its entirety on ABC for Monday Night fotbal no matter what area you live in.
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    AMEN to that
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Let's hope that thsese SAints games are sold out............that way we have a chance to watch the Cowboy games.

I hope they don't mess with us
  17. roy31

roy31 Active Member

243 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    So your saying this only for the NYC area and New Jersey? So Syracuse will be able to see the Cowboys game?
  18. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Well-Known Member

2,485 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Glad to be in D.C.!
  19. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It's very simple.

ABC is leaving the game on ABC until it's conclusion AND it will ALSO be televised on ESPN at 8:00 PM CST, IF you live in Louisiana and the NY City/NJ area.

All of the talk about switching the Saints game at 8:00 PM CST to ESPN applies to the rest of the nation.

Really stinks if you are a Cowboy fan in Louisiana and NY city area!!
  20. dpf1123

dpf1123 Member

281 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I live in NJ and get the NYC stations so I've been following this fairly closely. This was printed in the NY Post today and was also reported by Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN (New York sports radio).

I think those of us in the NYC area will be okay but...I will believe it when I see it Monday night.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/52705.htm