1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ball on the ground, Ball on the ground

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by jbz64, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jbz64

jbz64 Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Favre sung Pants on the ground in the lockerroom after defeating the Cowboys last week. Karma is a *****!!!

Looks like they were caught with their pants on the ground with the "breaking the huddle with 12 men" penalty which led to Favre's ill advised throw across his body interception when he could have run to get back into resonable FG range or thrown a 10 pass to Berriman on sideline.

Same ol Favre. I love it!!!
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Karma had nothing to do with it.

The New Orleans Saints executing a game plan and being opportunist was the reason why the Vikings lost.
  3. Sickwitit

Sickwitit Member

834 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Get That ball off the ground, Get that ball of the ground!!!

I like it 4 fumbles HAHAHA!!
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,986 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    He couldn't have run to get in reasonable FG range. A linebacker was lurking to blast him if he crossed the line. And, besides, he had a bum ankle. Be that as it may, it was a critical turnover - par for the course for Favre.
  5. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,046 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    He had a bum ankle? Not sure how much of that was for show. He sure looked like he was moving well when P. Harvin fumbled and it went backwards 10 yards - but then "limped" off the field after the Saints recovered...

The same with the roll out - if his ankle is hurting, can't see why Minn. would call a designed roll out on that last play. Sure, he was "limping" once again after the pick was thrown - but you can't tell me he couldn't have gained 5-10 yards, slid, called a TO and then set them up for a winning FG.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,484 Messages
    876 Likes Received
    Agreed, or even just run out of bounds after picking up what he could.

Either way, at least give your kicker a chance, ... he may have missed it, but at least he had the opportunity to kick a game winning FG.

To me that was worse than Romo having the ball slip out of his hands in Seattle. That was an accident.

This was Favre deciding to be Favre.
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    More like farve is on the ground.....farve is on the ground
    The Saints just knocked farve on the ground