1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barrett Jones - Anyone know anything about him?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Apparently scouts are saying he can play T, G or C at the next level. Thats the type of player I would love to grab, even if he didn't become starter he would have a role on the team for a decade.
  2. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,232 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Outstanding Offensive lineman and would love to have him.

6-5 300+ lbs.

As a RS Fr and Sophomore he started at RG.

Last year as a Junior he moved to LT. Won the Outland Trophy as the nations best Lineman.

This year he has moved to Center.

So yes if you draft him you could slot him pretty much anywhere across the board.

Unfortunately he will gone by the time we are drafting.
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..........maybe we can trade up. Sadly, something tells me Jerrah and Co. will finally realize JUST how much they need to upgrade the oline when this season is done. Romo isn't a miracle worker....:rolleyes:
  4. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    648 Likes Received
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love him..........but I don't think we'll draft. Natrual position is guard. We need a C desperately and with Livings/Bernie I don't see us taking a guard high.

SOLB, C, RB prob our biggest needs. Need DL and S as well but I think they look for a good compliment to Murray with Felix most likely gone.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Trade down like we did for Mo. Yes even though he's an Olineman he's worth it.
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Your talking about Barrett Jones, the guy is great, can play LG to RT in the NFL but he isn't even the best OL on his own team. Warmack the LG is the best in the nation qnd is considered to be a border line top ten pick.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,558 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    I know he would be a big improvement over anybody to the right of Tyron Smith. Reminds me a little of Bruce Matthews with the ability to play any position on the OL and play it well.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I'd sacrifice a 5% of a player for the flexibility this guy seems to offer. C, G or T at the next level? That's crazy! This guy is who I want in April sounds like a dream player for us. Put him at our weakest OL spot and let him go wild, first year at C and then move him to his natural position as a G once we can fix up C.
  10. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I would love to have him on my team, but I can find good quality day one starting OGs or center in the 2nd or 3rd. No way would I pass on a better player. To early to talk one player. May need another OLB, a true NT, safety, or there might be a3-4 DE that can pass rush.