1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Barrett Jones

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dwight, Jan 7, 2013.

1. dwight

dwight Active Member

802 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Wow. Barrett Jones showed a lot of emotion by pushing his QB, but I still want him to be a Cowboy too.

Dallas needs a nasty streak on that Oline and I think Jones would bring it.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Jones in the 2nd round would be awesome...
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,084 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    The guy looks like a leader...even though he still looks like he could be in high school :laugh2:
  4. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,595 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    He should have pile drived that pip squeak for showng him up like that. What a punk move by McCarron up by four touchdowns jumping up and down like a little kid who was just told he'll have to wait for his PS3.
  5. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

482 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    O yea this is the nasty SOB we need big time !!!! Trade down in the 1st JJ
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I don't like how he shoved his QB, he comes off as a me guy.
  7. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Active Member

513 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    He admitted that he has torn ligaments in his foot and has lisfranc injury which will require surgery.

Wonder if it will drop his stock?
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yup, we haven't had that in a center for sometime. Stepnoski comes to mind.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,369 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Maybe.
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Well he definitely wont be able to work out for teams or anything like that. What could happen is guys who impress with workout #'s jump ahead of him because of the "what have you done for me lately" nature of the NFL. A good power/strength showing at the combine would do wonders for Jones, wonder if he will go to the combine for just that.
  11. poost

poost Member

616 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    So an injured player with potential in the second? Looks like he's on the Cowboys radar.
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,145 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Jones has always had foot and ankle injuries, every since his freshman year. That keeps me away from him in the first.

Everyone needs to look at Louisville center Mario Benavides. This guy can do it all amd showed up a great game vs Florida.
  13. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    ~lipsmack~ welcome to Dallas Barrett.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    In the 2nd...yes
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

8,421 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    Benavides (6-4, 284) is strong for his size and has excellent technique; however, he said that he bulked up over 300 lbs in the past but couldn't play effectively and that his knees were killing him at that weight.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,208 Messages
    920 Likes Received

I think Benavides is too small. He may end up being a pretty nice LG though. If he could just get bigger and stronger, he would be perfect IMO. Lost of talent, just limited by his size at this point.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,369 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Everyone knew Jones was battling a sore foot, but the Rimington Award winner said after Alabama's 42-14 romp over Notre Dame in the Discover BCS National Championship that he played the game with torn ligaments in his left foot. Jones suffered the Lisfranc (midfoot) injury in the first quarter of the SEC championship game against Georgia on Dec. 1 and will undergo surgery on Wednesday. He'll likely be out for three to four months.

Jones' foot might not have even been remotely close to 100 percent, but the coaches were probably going to have to tranquilize the 6-foot-5, 305-pounder in order to keep him from playing in or missing any part of Monday night's game.

"They would have had to physically drag me off the field to keep me from playing in this game, and even then, I don't know if that would have worked," Jones said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/59142/barrett-jones-played-with-torn-ligaments

That is 100% my kind of player.
  18. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,566 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I hope that him needing foot surgery is enough to push him down to 47.
  19. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,145 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Too small? He is 300 pounds and can get stronger. He handled Slyvester Williams and Sheriff Floyd just fine. Also had a great game vs UNC.
  20. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Active Member

195 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    If I'm not mistaken, the recovery time following surgery for a Lis Franc injury is pretty lengthy. If he requires surgery, he may very well miss the senior bowl, combine, etc. Last year the top rated center (Peter Konz) didn't go until the late second and he was 100% healthy. I wouldn't be surprised to see this drop Jones into the 3rd rd or even early 4th.