1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Be prepared for Dink and Dunk this week again

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 65fastback2plus2, Oct 11, 2013.

1. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,975 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Would love to believe it, but until this team shows even the tiniest bit of consistency I just can't do it. After the last few seasons it is much more likely that after that big outing we shoot ourselves in the foot.
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,449 Messages
    886 Likes Received
    I think it's a near lock the Cowboys will feature a short passing game at least in the first half expecting a lot of blitzing from the Redskins. What I'm hoping for is the Cowboys are able to use the Redskins blitzing against them by gashing them for big chunks of yardage. We cant let Haslett get away with dictating the game and not having to pay for his aggressiveness.
  3. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

882 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    What happens if I plan for a dink and dunk attack but they throw it down the field? I will be soooooooooooooooo upset with you!!!!!!! Lol.
  4. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,878 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    As for the Broncos defense while they did give up yards to both Flacco, and Eli through the air the first two weeks with that track meet offense they have Baltimore, New York, Oakland, and Philadelphia was playing catch up mode for most of the game and that resulted in turnovers as you know to Denver's defense and they didn't allow no more than 20ppg on defense leading up to the Dallas game in which challenged that defense for the first time this season and almost pulled off the upset.

The offense we saw Sunday and you can bet that the Redskins saw it on their bye week is that let them sell out to that blitz and if caught by the oline they too will get that same treatment Denver recieved and what works in Washington's favor is that they're division rivals so it won't surprise me if its a low scoring, or high scoring game the thing about Denver's defense is that no one was really paying attention to them until last Sunday and for all the wrong reasons it showed that Denver is mortal after all.
  5. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,216 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    It just depends on what the skins do. If they blitz, yeah, Tony's going to go with shorter passes and our receivers just need to get separation early and get some yac. If the skins play zone, then I would expect a repeat of the Denver game.
  6. Soth

Soth Active Member

359 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    No way.

Our defense is awful. We need to air it out like the last game. I think that's what they will do.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,805 Messages
    15,566 Likes Received
    Can somebody point me in the direction of the CowboysZone gift shop? I think I have enough for the foam finger.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,557 Messages
    2,317 Likes Received
    We'll find out next year (at the latest).
    lane likes this.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

25,805 Messages
    15,566 Likes Received
    It's going to happen and I think the Cowboys won't miss a beat with Williams and Harris complimenting Dez.

I don't even think I'd consider WR a need when the Cowboys cut Austin.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,557 Messages
    2,317 Likes Received
    Agreed - just a matter of when. Miles is a waste of time (and money)....
  11. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    this is completely what I am prepared for.

everyone acts like this offense isnt jeckyl and hyde...like we blew out the chargers or chiefs? uh no
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,934 Messages
    3,674 Likes Received
    Nonsense
  13. lane

lane The Chairman

11,459 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received
    i'm glad we got this game at home at least.

otherwise we would be playing in a hornet's nest.

chock full of hungry rabid redskins,rabid skins fans, crooked officiating, etc. oh wait.
  14. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,939 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Tony threw 5 picks total in the two games against the Washington D.C. NFL franchise last year. To me, that means he needs to show more discipline against them, not less, and I think that is what we will see. With a better OL this year, he should have his chances for big plays without pressing, IMO.