1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Beauty queen under investigation

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by yeahyeah, Aug 29, 2008.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Investigation to begin into whether Governor Sarah Palin abused her power in firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan

Lawmakers will hire someone within a week to investigate whether Governor Sarah Palin abused her power in firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. The legislative council approved 100,000 dollars for the investigation that will find out whether Palin was angry at Monegan for not firing an Alaska State Trooper who went through a messy divorce with Palin's sister.
    On Monday afternoon, the Joint Legislative Council, filled with Republicans and Democrats, voted 12 to 0 to formally call for an investigation against Governor Palin in a manner—that they are stressing—will be unbiased and done in a timely fashion. Legislators approved hiring a special investigator to look into the controversial firing of former Public
    Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. Monegan was fired two weeks ago without explanation and has said he was pressured by the governor and her staff to fire a trooper who was once married to Palin's sister.
    Accusations have risen that Monegan was fired for his refusal to fire trooper Michael Wooten. The council's intent is to investigate the circumstances and events surrounding the termination of Monegan and potential abuses of power and improper action by the Governor and her administration.
    "It is the intent of the legislative council that the investigation be professional, unbiased, independent, objective, and conducted at arms length from the political process," said, Senator Kim Elton, a Democrat from Juneau.
    The council's intent is to investigate the circumstances and events surrounding the termination of Monegan and potential abuses of power and improper action by the governor and her administration.
    "I think what it really gets down to is after the comma, add potential abuses of power and improper actions is really what we are looking at or at least proposing to look at?" said Representative John Harris, a Republican from Valdez. Governor Palin has denied the accusations, saying she replaced Monegan
    to go in a new direction. And although she doesn't think an investigation is needed, she welcomes the questions.
    The council went through a detailed meeting to make sure the process is done in a timely manner with accurate results.
    "We will get from this is," said Senator Hollis French, a Democrat from Anchorage, "no evidence of wrong doing, some evidence of wrong doing, clear evidence of wrong doing, that will come back to us."
    "At that point the body has to make the decision: 'Is this evidence strong enough to proceed on or not?'" "I think it should be made very clear because there have been conversations about personnel matters that the issues really that we are dealing with here are not the termination of the public
    safety commissioner," said Harris.
    Legislators hope that during this investigation that the politics are left out of the mix, which can be hard for government officials.
    "What really remains is the most significant hurdle," said Representative Jay Ramras, a Republican from Fairbanks. "Are those professionals going to feel compelled to be subpoenaed before they will speak candidly about what they know?" Senator French is the Senate Judiciary Committee chairman and is in charge of hiring the investigator. He says he has a short list of candidates and that the investigation should be finished within a few months.
    http://www.ktva.com/ci_10026165

[IMG]
  2. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Holy bejeeezus...that didn't take long to pop up.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    This bullcrap was posted a week ago ..... its based on nothing

More gutter politics ........ "Change" my arse.
  4. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What does this have to do with "Change."

Obama had nothing to do with this and Republicans as well as Democrats voted 12-0 to investigate her.

Now I don't know if this is really crap or not...but Obama's not to blame.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Your forgot to put in there that the trooper tasered his 12 yr old son. For fun.

Another thing. She has put on leave the staffer who called Public Safety and implied things. He never was speaking for Sara. She found out and heard the conversation (we record all state calls here), and put him on immediate leave.

The article seems to skip that part huh?
  6. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    It the same old politics ..... She gets nominated and you "change" boys post bullcrap articles on her in attempt to smear her name.

I defend Obama from this type of stupidity as well. Brain and Ice can both back me up on that.
  7. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Wow Z, thats odd..the article I have is dated 7-28...I think the investigation is ongoing....when she gets found guilty and father time has a myocardial infarction just think of all your wasted trust.
    They dont call em Cons for nothing buddy.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

9,548 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    Hell, I'll back you up. There's nothing to this story from what I've been reading.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,387 Messages
    6,959 Likes Received
    From what I understand this is older news and they knew it would come up. Must not be too worried about it as they picked her anyways.
  10. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey i just report em as they come...just passing on knowledge hulkster.
    I dont know...looks like a solid choice already for Yoda.
  11. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    This is the same as the citizenship lawsuit against Obama that is "ongoing" .....

Its gutter politics ....

I will defend Obama from it ..... I will defend McCain from it

And I sure as heck will defend an Honest Conservative candidate from it.

Your catch phrase this year is "CHANGE" ...... how bout you try and follow it boys?

Repubs too.
  12. yeahyeah

yeahyeah New Member

502 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey...im just passing on some love to the cons;)
    No harm no foul..peace
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,387 Messages
    6,959 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Change is the catch phrase pretty much every election. But it always winds up being SOSDD.
  14. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received

In other words ..... same old gutter politics.

When Burm gets on here and post some bullcrap about Obama and his made up terrorist ties ..... wonder if you will just accept that?

Do not worry ..... I will be defending Obama from that stupidity as well.
  15. ConcordCowboy

12,748 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    As long as your not blaming Obama.

Nobody said WE were going to change. :D
  16. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    Wow ......

I am sure your right wing clone Burm will never either.

Apparently the people who say they are voting for Obama do not believe in his message.
  17. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No "Beauty and the Beast" jokes yet? You people disappoint me.
  18. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    Give concord or yeayea a few minutes ..... they are busy trying to google up a scandle right now.

;)
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She really needs to lose the granny glasses and let her hair down (literally). I wonder if she'll hold her own vs. Biden on foreign policy issues.
  20. zrinkill

33,324 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received

From what I have garnered she is a straight talk no nonsense kind of debater.

This will either work well against Biden or he will maul her.

If she can corner him on positions she will take him because she has more of the "pulse of the people"

But if the debate is more of a "take turns making blanket feel good statements" then he will probably have the edge.

He would be a fool to underestimate her ..... just as McCain would be a fool to underestimate Obama.