1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Beginning of the decline for Ware?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by wick, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Surprised? Really? Here?
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,511 Messages
    6,259 Likes Received
    Here are some of the quotes from the gameday thread I mentioned. I know, heat of the moment and all that, but, really, aren't any of you guys slightly embarrassed by this stuff in retrospect? And do you think a single player, coach, scout, or talking head anywhere on the internet is going to get the leaky boat with you on this topic this week? I guess it'll be interesting to see.

3. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,244 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Consider the sources
  4. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    So, you're saying he doesn't jump offsides? Ever?

He has SEVEN this season. SEVEN. OVER THREE TIMES the next highest Cowboy – LEADING the team.

Do tell, where was I wrong in my statement?

Don't call me out as some idiot while conveniently ignoring the player's obvious fault just to try to make you look like a supposed genius.

The pompousness of some board "experts" is comical.
  5. cowboyeric8

5,244 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    So you don't think he is a leader?
  6. Cowboyz88

3,666 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    "LEADING the team."

Yeah, he's leading, as I said.

Try to stay on point.
  7. cowboyeric8

5,244 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    You meant the "he's a leader" comment as sarcasm and you know it.
  8. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Its not about a bad contract, about getting value for 30+ stars and re investing in youth via good draft picks. NE traded Richard Seymour, their best defensive player to get draft pics and not rely on him for the future of the team.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    How many trades like that get made. Ever?

Pretty much the only fools that would do deals like that were the Raiders. Clearly they aren't doing that with their new regime.
  10. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    It only takes one desperate team that thinks it is closer to a SB to do the trade. And it is not like Joey Galloway or Roy Williams trade that JJ pulled. Ware give the other team a lot of value too.
  11. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think his play declines for the most part in the second half. If they could give him some rest on the first half then he might be able to fight through some of those blocks later in the game. The man gets tired late in the game. Look at Dez when he wasn't in shape and faded in the second half of games.
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Very. Rarely. Happens.

Get over it.
  13. Cowboyz88

3,666 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Point of fact, Mr Ware is leading the league in defensive offsides, but lets go ahead and sweep that under the carpet as well.

Yeah, he has no faults, or at least you can't point them out, because a Mod says so!
  14. Idgit

30,511 Messages
    6,259 Likes Received
    Yeah. You got me. That's what I was trying to say: Demarcus Ware doesn't jump offsides.

Look, the posts are just examples of what people had to say in the gameday thread. If you've now decided you'd like to change your sentiment, that's fine with me. I believe I said 'heat of the moment, and all that.' Or you can keep digging and defend the post.

I just think the entire take--including your own, but by no means singling you out in that group--is ludicrous. Like, worst-argument-ever ludicrous. That doesn't make me an expert, and it doesn't mean you're not entitled to whatever opinion you want to hold. It just means you should be careful if you're not prepared to back it up or move off if it after you click 'submit reply.'
  15. ykc

ykc Active Member

598 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I know JJ is not capable of pulling those triggers, so I don't have much expectations and the reason I said "I wish".

Most likely JJ will give him a 6 year extension when he is 32 yrs old and tie up all the salary for 6 years (a.k.a Ratliff)
  16. Idgit

30,511 Messages
    6,259 Likes Received
    You can also drop the mod-bit. Say what you want. I'm entitled to my opinions re: your takes, too. Or do I have to give up that privilege in your book because I also moderate?

I think your back-sliding on your take is weak soup, too, by the way. But that's just my opinion; I'm no expert or anything.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Whether it is or isnt, and as putrid as the O Line is, I have said all along they draft a pass rusher in round one. I know Jerry said they are drafting offense this year but I stand by my prediction.
  18. Cowboyz88

3,666 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Fine. Mr fan.

Way to address the point that I was actually correct in my comment, but we all know that you won't, because it completely contradicts your condescension.
  19. Idgit

30,511 Messages
    6,259 Likes Received
    I didn't address it because I don't believe you that that's what you meant when you slammed Ware's leadership. I don't think anybody else will, either, but they're free to chime in, just like anybody else.

I believe you were slamming Ware's leadership on defense because he jumped offsides. I think you don't want to own it after the fact, and you're trying t skate around it. And I think you'd have been better off just saying 'yeah, I got carried away. Whoops.'

Addressed enough for you? I hope so, because it's about all I care to say on this single post amongst many that were obviously trashing our single-ballot HoF player in a game we won.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    and genius that you are you do not even consider the possibility that some of those offsides are bogus as they have been over the years. He is so quick that officials throw the flag when replay will show that he moved as soon as the ball did.