1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bennett 1 catch 2 yds

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Joshmil53, Oct 1, 2012.

1. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I thought I saw Eli talking to him on the sidelines as if Bennet didn't do what he was supposed to.
  2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    For all you guys thinking Witten has lost a step, lets not forget the man has been battling through an insanely painful injury, sought his own medical clearence to play, and went against the Cowboys doctors wishes just to help his team win.

When he's 100% and a big part of our success later this year, I fully expect all of you to be talking about how much of a warrior he is. Witten is a pro's pro, he's the kinda guy you want setting an example for the younger guys around him. He's not gonna drop those passes all year, it's been an anomaly like John Garrett said. He's getting a lot of penalties because he's trying to get a jump on the defender and gain every advantage he can get because he's playing through a ruptured spleen, not just a sprained ankle or sore hammy. The healthier he gets, the more productive he'll be. And I expect all you guys that are writing him off to be singing his praises in a couple months.

Stop being so wishy washy, one of the greatest Cowboys of all time has a rough 3 game stretch while battling through pain and he's 'done'? C'mon, yall are better than that.
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I'm thinking if we had had a leader like Ray Lewis on the team, Bennett would have been productive. I just get the sneaking suspicion that the Cowboys are a relaxed, soft team. I say that relatively speaking because anyone who plays in the NFL has to be tough to some degree. But compared to other teams, the Cowboys will roll over and let you scratch their bellies before they come out breathing fire and brimstone ready to unless the hordes of hades, especially when it really, really matters.
  4. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,564 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Witten has the excuse of being injured. Bennetts only excuse would be his lack of intelligence.
  5. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    you would be correct sir. Ray is the face of that CITY. I am not saying the Ravens are THE model franchise....but players have come and gone...and the Ravens have remained competetive because players enter that lockeroom....and the tempreature is the RIGHT temperature for winning...and Ray Lewis is the BIGGEST reason for that.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,598 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    So Eli is better than Romo?
  7. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,693 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Don't forget that Martellus is playing for a contract...he has lots of reasons to be focused.

I want to see the Giants be the team that overpays for a year of decent production and then see Martellus turn into the same slacker he has always been.
  8. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't think so, no. He seems to like targeting the TE in his offense, no matter who that is whereas Romo seems to like targeting Witten in particular.
  9. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Coughlin can't whip into shape a guy like Bennett for long. He'll be back to being his regualr idiot self soon, especially since he's had a taste of success.

Ultimately, you don't want guys like him. They're a net negative, IMO. What they accomplish on the field isn't worth the distractions or the troubles.
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,598 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    He seems to like targeting the #1 TE who is involved in the pass pattern far more than the #2?

What an awesome argument.

Fact is that Bennett's production so far has been really really good. A guy who can block like he does and maybe catch 40 balls is super valuable.
  11. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We'll agree to disagree then.

I think if you go back and watch the 4 games so far, you'll see a lot of mistakes from a mistake prone player who is getting more opportunities.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    I agree. NY wants to be able to run the ball and Bennett helps in that. Bennett in my view is good for around 40 catches in a season maybe more as a #1 TE. I understand he was not going to be happy or live up to his full potential in Dallas as a #2 TE, I don't blame him or the Cowboys. Bennett gets a fresh start and I think he will make the most of it.

Right now I would love to have a guy like Bennett who can seal off the end of the line it would be very helpful to us.
  13. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    I believe Coughlin set Bennett straight.

None of that lazy man stuff, he was doing here and being all jokey jokey .
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    I hear you bro....
  15. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Bennett is motivated in knowing that if he screws up with the Giants, he won't get a long term deal.

So far he has responded well and we will see if he can be what we wished he could of been in Dallas.
  16. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    ..and to add to that, in reality, his last couple years here he had knocked off all that off the field and internet crap. He really wasn't being a distraction off the field at all, and he was working hard on the field in whatever he was asked to do.

Garrett didn't let him go.. he left in FA because he wanted to go somewhere where they would make him a bigger part of the offense. Can't blame him..
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    ...Witten played well last night.

Anyone wanna admit they overreacted just a bit?
  18. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Bennett and Bryant are interchangeable. They can make some great plays but will kill you by fouling up a routine play.
  19. Verdict

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Witten played pretty well last night. I expect he will be serviceable for a while. But personally, I think it is pretty clear that his most athletic days are behind him, and father time isn't giving up on its relentless assault on his diminishing skill set. He will have to use guile to delay the inevitable win by father time.
  20. Verdict

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Bennett would not have been the same player for us that he may end up being for Coughlin. Coughlin is a real ******** and a hard ***. Either MartyB will tow the line there, or there will be one big massive train wreck. My prediction is Eli will eventually figure out that MartyB isn't trustworthy after he burns him a few times and gets Eli's nuts roasted in the NY Times.