1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bernard Pollard Released by Ravens

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by HoustonFrog, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,524 Messages
    5,253 Likes Received
    No kidding.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    loved watching his physical play last season... who else is out there at safety?? Huff? right now we have a questionable Church, injury prone Johnson who hasn't played football in like 2 years now and McCray who wasn't overly impressive last season.

Anyways his asking price might be out of our league since we are barely under the cap right now.
  3. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,187 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Dude didn't miss a game in college, so let's not act like because of one injury he's injury prone.

Church is a baller.

We need an FS type next to him.

edit: misread that and thought the latter part was about Church
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Hope like hell church can be the same because i swear he has it. I think church would be better at fs with pollard at ss. Church is fast and reacts quick. But like mentioned we might not be able to afford pollard. But at the same time we need to work on both lines. Jeeez this is frustrating with the cap issue.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Looks like they are blowing it up and rebuilding around their franchise QB.
  6. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Anyone think that Flacco deal is hurting them?

So far they have lost 3 linebackers and now had to release Pollard
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I gotta agree. Johnson has potential (so we've been told) but how dependable can he be to get on the field? Then you have Church, who looked ok while he was healthy, but is coming back from a serious knee injury and we don't know how dependable he will be either. Those a serious questions for a defense built around strong safety play.
  8. dwight

dwight Active Member

934 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Flacco got a ring and I respect that but a reality check will occur next season. The Ravens are losing alot of players due to his salary.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,704 Messages
    898 Likes Received
    Getting better through the draft.

Jerry should be taking notes.
  10. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,501 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    The draft is a month away do you have some lottery numbers while you're predicting the future :laugh2:
  11. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,649 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The draft hasn't started yet. Baltimore does draft extremely though. But think about all of the players they lost. I won't be suprised if they take a step back this year.
  12. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,486 Messages
    998 Likes Received
    Um, we've probably landed as many contributors as the Ravens over the last three drafts.
  13. Zimmy Lives

5,704 Messages
    898 Likes Received
    Point was they do a better job of managing non-franchise player contracts and reload through the draft.
  14. Zimmy Lives

5,704 Messages
    898 Likes Received
    Agreed. I wouldn't expect them to try and sign too many big-name players. They will have to reload through the draft.
  15. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This guy has almost put half the Patriots players in a coffin over the course of his career. Somebody in the AFC East should scoop him up. The Patriots should, if they are smart. :lmao2:
  16. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,489 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    :lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2:
  17. CowboysBravesSpurs

CowboysBravesSpurs Member

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Church is fast and should play FS? What are you smoking? Church is OK at best in coverage and is no way near as "fast" as most coverage type safeties. He's more of an "in the box" type SS who excels in tackling. He's closer to an OLB than a FS I would say. Teams would have feild days against us if we had both pollard & church starting. I will say, church will lay the wood any chance he gets
  18. malone1970

malone1970 Member

158 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree 100% go get'em Jerry:bow:
  19. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,861 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    we need a FS, not a SS. church is going to fill the SS role for us and he was decent at it last year. much cheaper and younger than pollard.
  20. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    woah woah woah guys, it makes too much sense to sign him....jerry's out to be unorthodox and not make sense, so i guarantee we don't even try to sign him