1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Best Comment on our pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by HoosierCowboy, Apr 26, 2013.

1. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,110 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    from Graziano at ESPN:

Just because Scouts Inc. ranked Warford 53rd and this guy 70th doesn't make the pick ridiculous. You pay your scouts to find guys who fit what you want to do, and then you trust them. All week, everybody told me the Cowboys needed to trust their board, and it appears what happened here was that they didn't have anyone they liked at 18 so they snagged an extra pick and moved down to take a guy they did like. If you think all that's left to you is second-rounders, then why not just start the second round two picks early and add a third-rounder that might help you maneuver into that second round Friday night?
  2. pacboyX

pacboyX Active Member

229 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Sounds logical.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,716 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    that's a good perspective. But, day two would have been better with 2- 2nd rounders and one 3rd...but, at this point, I am not complaining

if the 3 picks today are all good, solid players, then I will be pretty happy
  4. boyzfan1972

boyzfan1972 New Member

26 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I'm watching all these highlight videos and while listening to cowboys fans on the fan wishing that we could have had Barrett Jones at center........no way!!! the more i watch Frederick the more i like. This dude (Frederick) is just looking for a brawl, he runs defenders to the ground and then he looks for another to do the same. Good Pick, now lets go get Lacy and or Franklin at RB and ill be happy with this draft.
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong Zone Supporter

8,473 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    I have been hearing today that they actually did not follow their board with Floyd and that is why Tom Ciskowski and Garrett looked so annoyed last night. Who knows if they are right.