1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Best Man Loses Wedding Ring at Altar

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 11, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received
    By Ben Forer | ABC News Blogs – 19 hours ago

As Elizabeth Gray and Lewis Aubrey were in the final stages of becoming husband and wife at a church outside London, the ceremony was interrupted by a loud ping.

"Suddenly you just hear this noise that sounded like metal dropping and with that the vicar said to the best man … 'Was that the ring?' and he went, 'Yeah,'" Gray told ABC News. "Then all eyes turned to the floor."

"When I heard the ring I just assumed it had fallen on the floor and was just going to be a foot away from my foot," Aubrey said. "When I looked down to see, there was no sign of it."

They lifted drainage grates, tore apart floral arrangements and searched formal wear, but no one in the congregation was able to locate the ring.

Gray had spent six months looking for the perfect ring and the best man who dropped it wasn't just Aubrey's closest friend, it was his brother, Matt. Unable to find the ring, they went on with the wedding ceremony, using Gray's mother's wedding ring.

Read the rest: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ing-altar-222327664--abc-news-topstories.html
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,904 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    It's a sign. Run!!!
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,891 Messages
    2,068 Likes Received
    Weddings can be crazy.

Reminds of a wedding I was in.

I was in a friends wedding and the ring bearer decided he wasnt walking down the aisle when he saw all the people. :lmao2:

So after a few mins I was somehow nominated to walk from the front of the church down the aisle with everybody watching me and get the ring. Thanks kid!

At least we had the ring tho.
  4. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL. Coulda been.

Sometimes signs are just missed, especially once the groom's mind has already been made up:
    [youtube]mkcKQmr7kRc[/youtube]
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Sounds like the groom got cold feet, but didn't have the nads to tell his fiance' about it.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    Maybe the best man didn't want his brother marrying that particular girl.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received