1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Bettors shy away from Cowboys ahead of rematch with Giants

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Oct 25, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys used to be everyone’s favorite team to bet. They were, after all, America’s Team.

Those days are long gone.

“The Cowboys have always been a huge public team,” said Coast Resorts sports book director Bob Scucci. “But we’re seeing the public slowly distance themselves from betting the Cowboys.”

Few bettors are going anywhere near the Cowboys as a betting option this week in their Sunday home game against the New York Giants.

The game opened at pick ‘em, but what Scucci described as “overwhelming” action on New York had made the Giants 2-point favorites as of Thursday afternoon.

“Action has been overwhelming on the Giants thus far,” Scucci said. “We anticipated that and tried to stay ahead of the curve, but we’ve been pushed up.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...ad-pick-nfl-week-8-sean-lee-injury-vegas-odds
  2. GusTheo

GusTheo Member

163 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    And not because I'm a Cowboys fan, but this game has trap game written all over it. I very rarely ever bet the Cowboys, too much angst involved.

But you see it all the time, when one team is going great (Giants) and they are facing a team who seems like they're stuck in neutral (Cowboys) and everything points to a blowout (health, history, etc) then all of a sudden the whistle blows and it's a game.

Game started as a pick em and has moved a point a half a point a day basically That means there is CRAZY money on the Giants. You know what that means? If the Giants lose, Vegas makes huge money. That's good for us Cowboys fans. We want everyone betting the Giants, just makes it all the more likely of us sneaking a way with a win and leaving everyone scratching their head "but how in the world did they.." and Vegas just laughing and counting their multi millions.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,592 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Inside The NFL is picking Cowboys, even Phil Simms... We may just open up a can on em...:starspin
  4. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    New York is getting people like Nicks and Canty healthy and finally getting their running game going. Dallas has lost Murray and Lee, two of the heroes from week 1.

For the Cowboys to win this game, Felix Jones is going to have to rush for over 100 yards. Romo needs to have another great game.

Chris Canty is one key player. If he can help stuff Felix and free JPP to pressure on Romo Dallas will have a tough time. Dan Connor is another key, because Ahmad Bradshaw needs to be contained .

You know Victor Cruz will be looking to improve over the poor game he had in week 1, and Hakeem Nicks is looking for a breakout game, period. It would be nice for Jenkins, Carr, Scandrick, and Claiborne to step up, and Anthony Spencer's health should be a major part of that.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    i hope we get some turnovers and some defensive scores. It would be nice to get great field position sometimes. I thought we focused alot on forcing turnovers in train camp?
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    I'm sure a bunch got burned betting against them week one.
    Then they come back and bet for them in week 2 and lose again.
    :laugh2:

I know, the bets have two sides...so that was a joke.
    They are a tough team to bet this year though.

All writers today in the Dallas Morining News picked the Giants.
    10 of 12 pick the Giants on ESPN yesterday as well.
    It is overwhelming against us out there, with the exception of a few strays.
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,000 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    That's the way I like. Come on media, no one pick us to win please....
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Worked out for us in week 1!