1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Big changes at 103.3 ESPN

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Macnalty, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

925 Messages
    36 Likes Received
  2. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

757 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Who's hurting their ratings?

The Ticket?

The Fan?
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I'm not huge fans of any of those guys, but if Colin Cowherd is the answer you're asking the wrong question.
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    Wasn't aware that Ben and Skin weren't doing well. They seemed to have a loyal following. I certainly enjoyed them. Not for their insight, but they were funny.

Wonder if they'll head on over to the fan.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,488 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    Looking at at their twitter, guess they turned down ESPN's "final offer" on a new contract, but they claim they'll be back soon... Maybe on a different station or maybe with more money from ESPN, who knows.

I know this, I'll never listen to Cowherd. Don't know how anyone can stand that guy.
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,519 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    I'm surprised Nate Newton lasted this long. The guy was terrible for radio, IMO. Ben and Skin is a surprise though.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,244 Messages
    2,808 Likes Received
    :bow:
  8. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

925 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    The Arbitron ratings were released on Friday, you can connect the dots for the Friday afternoon meetings.
    I personally liked listening to them but I was not a huge fan. Enjoyed their shtick , they are very talented and may be a little too forward thinking for the DFW audience who are in love with the Ticket and still listen to Randy Galloway and Norm Hitzges religiously.
  9. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,519 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    Why is that? The guy gets ratings.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Didn't even know that Greggo had disappeared again. Gawd, the fan is a clown car on fire.
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    No doubt he's a provocateur, but it's not my thing.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,145 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Whats really weird about ESPN 1033 is that everytime they start a new show they don't offer an explanation or anything. They just go straight into it with someone else.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,488 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    I don't read it like they just got fired. I read it like they tried to play hardball on the money they want, 103 played back, and they lost the game of chicken... For now. They probably feel like they can just go to the Fan if ESPN won't pay them what they want. (BTW, anyone have any clue what these guys get paid?)

I used to not be able to stand them, but I think they turned into a pretty good show. They did get some good guests and Ben in particular had some good sources.

But there's no way Fitzsimmons and Durrett can carry four hours every day... No way. So it doesn't look like this was planned out.

Who knows, B&S may even be back soon.
  14. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    That seems to be radio in general. Guys get canned or stations completely change formats without any notice or explanation.
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    We agree on this. I find him offensive in how he treats his callers and anyone else. Weasel.
  16. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

757 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    My guess is they say nothing to bring as little attention (i.e. negativity) as possible.

Having said that, society in general says "no reply" too much...too busy, but often too gutless. Definitely too rude.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    seems to happen all across radio. I never understood it.
  18. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,021 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    The Ticket kills every other Sports station in Dallas when it comes to ratings. Ben and Skin will not go back to the fan.
  19. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,153 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Never liked Ben and Skin, even when they were on the Ticket.
  20. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,021 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I enjoy them in very small doses.