1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bill O'Brien interviewing with Texans

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dupree89, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,939 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
  2. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,636 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I'm surprised to see this. I thought Penn State had an attitude of comradery and sticking together after the issues they faced recently
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,972 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Doesn't mean there aren't greener pastures.

I don't think this is really a case of O'Brien turning his back on Penn State...its not like he's going to Michigan or something
  4. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

964 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    I guess the million "O'Brien's Lions" stickers that I see all over everyone's cars around here are now going in next week's garbage. PSU fans will have to find someone else to worship.
  5. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,628 Messages
    1,830 Likes Received
    Just realized texans could have Clowney and Watt up front. Many a QB gonna get raped.
  6. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,224 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Negotiating ploy. I expect a new contract at Penn State.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    Someone told me ESPN he is close to signing a deal in Houston. I'm not close to a tv but it seems they zeroed on him from the start.
  8. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,579 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    PSU will hire a true " Penn Stater " and it will be like nothing ever happened.
  9. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,178 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Sounds like its close to a done deal he's signing with houston. Damn good hire for them. Was near the top of my list to replace redball.
  10. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,912 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    This is their best hire. He did great things at PSU with a bad situation and was a great asst at NE. He was one of the few guys that would get in Brady's face. I'm jealous. With a #1 pick, O'Brien and their current group they will rebound quick. The Texans are the poster boy for keeping a coach too long that was a good guy and who players liked. Never good at adjustments and managing games...sounds familiar.
  11. SanAngelo

SanAngelo New Member

8 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Don't know much about this guy, but he does have a big list of coaching history behind him and the 2 years of being a college head coach. Can't be any worse than other NFL head coaches.
  12. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,224 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Staying at Penn State.
  13. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,542 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    no rooney rule?
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,877 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ien-grew-frustrated-with-penn-state-politics/

“You can print this: You can print that I don’t really give a —- what the ‘Paterno people’ think about what I do with this program,” he said. “I’ve done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I’m tired of it.

“For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now. . . .

“I’m trying to field the most competitive football team I can with near-death penalty —-ing sanctions. Every time I say something like that and somebody prints it, it’s skewed as an excuse. And I’m not an excuse-maker. I’m trying to do the best I can for the kids in that program. That’s all I care about is the kids in that program. As long as I’m the head football coach here.”
    khiladi likes this.
  15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    New coach. First pick in draft. Texans will have an interesting year.
  16. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

96 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,912 Messages
    650 Likes Received