1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bill Polian praises Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by hra8700, Dec 20, 2012.

1. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,497 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    No offense but if thats what you think then you do not have the slightest understanding of CB play.

This kid is as natural of a CB as they come. He is very smooth in his hips and has a sense for the motion of his opposing WR. And to achieve that it not only takes ability that takes hard work.

I don't want to stress the T-New comparisson. But he aint no competition. T-New was/is a pure athlete with no CB abilities with stiff hips and above average technique. Mo Claiborne has really good technique with good athletic abiltity. In fact his technique makes him look to be a great athlete which in my opinion he is not (he is near thou).
  2. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    This seems right to me. Essentially, there's a lexical ordering: need can break ties, as it were, among groups of players with close grades; but no matter how great the need, your grade on the player should trump.

I don't think, btw, that Idgit needs to disagree with this. So far as I can tell, he's simply talking about moving around in the draft in order to ensure, as much as possible, that you end up in a draft slot where BPA matches need. So long as you're not giving up value in doing so, I don't see why that's a bad strategy.