1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Billick: Jones takes on too much in Dallas

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DWhite Fan, Oct 10, 2012.

1. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,364 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    Nothing will change until it hits Jerry in the wallet. No matter who says it, Billick or whoever, Jerry believes this is the way to run a team and nothing will persuade him to do otherwise, unless the losing continues and people lose interest and stop buying what he's selling. Unfortunately he's not completely inept, just good enough to be mediocre and keep the fans interested.
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,437 Messages
    387 Likes Received

READ COMMENTS

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  3. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've done some research on the Atlanta Falcons and their team. Their GM is Thomas Dimitroff, and he had to earn his way into his position. Dimitroff was highly qualified when he was hired by Atlanta. He was a combine/BLESTO Scout, Area Scout, National Scout, and College Director of Scouting. Furthermore, he has put together an impressive resume in Atlanta. Dimitroff has resurrected that franchise. I hope Felix Jones signs in Atlanta next year. The Falcons have a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick waiting in the pipeline of their offensive line. They have a pretty young line, too. Matt Ryan is becoming an elite quarterback, too.

Brian Billick knocks it out of the park here.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,660 Messages
    3,876 Likes Received
    Kind of makes me wonder, if by chance we were to win another super bowl how long it would take before stories like started popping up again.
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,135 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Kind of makes me wonder why you always have to throw in 'superbowl'. Would that make it worse to chastise a buffoon of an owner? After 17 years? Does it make the truth less truthful? Would it take the common denominator out of the mess this team was put in?

Superbowl. Pfft. We're residing with the browns and Bengals and the like. Bottom of the cellar. We'll take a stinkin playoff win........two years in a row reflecting a glimmer of hope that maybe we're back.

Lower the bar, dude. This ain't the storied franchise of yesteryear. We've got us a victorias secret in a stadium where women dance on columns and SELL standing room only tickets.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,437 Messages
    387 Likes Received

The sentiment has gone international which means it will bleed into the local media stronger than ever and the team will have to face having Jerrah as a step daddy.
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,470 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Dimitroff was part of the Browns staff and apprenticed under Belichik as well. Watch the NFL films show about that staff, you can find it on YouTube, interesting show IMO
  8. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I'd recommend reading The War Room by Michael Holley. He provides a lot of background on Dimitroff and how he came up working with Belichick and Pioli.

That is what a GM should be......someone who came up as a scout and worked under some experienced professionals.
  9. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :eek::

29-10

Romo with 2 more INTS